• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so uh... about the return game

PhillyB

Just now, PhillyB said:

agreed, but that said, rhule making them re-punt with a kicker and then sticking moore back there for that particular return was awesome coaching regardless of the result 

Yeah, tactically it was a big brain move. Too bad Amendola turned into a pro bowl punter out of nowhere. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, PhillyB said:

agreed, but that said, rhule making them re-punt with a kicker and then sticking moore back there for that particular return was awesome coaching regardless of the result 

I was just waiting for the short, chopped kick, chaos on the field and DJ running it back to the 10. Who in their right mind would have imagined the rookie PK for the frikkin' Jets comes out for his first time on an NFL field and booms a 50 yard punt perfectly?

Ammendola was out there, available at the start of this offseason (he couldn't find a team last year). Somehow he was missed in our search. Go figure.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was nuts. He was punting the poo out of the ball.

Its the type of poo that seems to happen to the Panthers. Remember the ole "its just the backup QB". Then each time that backup would have literally the best game of their career then and going forward...like wtf

• Pie 5

15 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

That was a really smart coaching decision.

it’s a shame he followed it up with some very questionable ones

• Beer 2

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We should consider plucking Dazz Newsome off of the Bears' practice squad. Solid punt returner and slot WR. Very similar to Shi Smith actually. I had them graded virtually identically.

I feel like Dazz is better than Shi for PR as I saw Shi mostly just be solid as KR at USC. Both of them would be great speedsters at the bottom of the WR room on offense. I feel like if a guy can't get you something though, he shouldn't be back there and the kid yesterday was a big non threat. Go get one.

Just now, NorthTryon said:

I feel like Dazz is better than Shi for PR as I saw Shi mostly just be solid as KR at USC. Both of them would be great speedsters at the bottom of the WR room on offense. I feel like if a guy can't get you something though, he shouldn't be back there and the kid yesterday was a big non threat. Go get one.

I don't think Shi Smith ever returned punts at SC. 

Newsome would seem an ideal fill in for Smith while he's out and a better practice squad WR than our current ones once Smith is back.