• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so uh... about the return game

PhillyB

40 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Cooper’s career average is worse than Erickson and Cooper averaged 5.9 ypr last year. Erickson was 10.1 ypr last year and 10.3 yesterday. Why again would we want Cooper and why is he considered upside?

10 ypr is solid. 

Still better than anything we had for the last 7-8 years prior.

Yeah they've gone for the safe pair of hands back there - someone that's not going to muff the punt / will fair catch it when appropriate and can sneak 10 yards or so.

He's not a dynamic returner at all, but I guess those are hard to find. Lord knows they've been looking for one!

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I swear it was like the punt return didnt even try to block, piss poor effort and coaching. First time since Balckburns hire that effort seemed below bar. Step it Chase, new standard !!

You realize the just about all of our special teams groupings is comprised of all new members right?

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You realize the just about all of our special teams groupings is comprised of all new members right?

True, I mean that didnt effect them last year. They just had a bad day(I hope). For sure Chase has plenty to fix this week.....and the week after......"". Worse blocked game in Chase Era, even kick-off return was awful. Gave no chances to the returner when 4 players are in your face after a couple steps. JJ had a rare penalty as well.

22 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Yeah they've gone for the safe pair of hands back there - someone that's not going to muff the punt / will fair catch it when appropriate and can sneak 10 yards or so.

He's not a dynamic returner at all, but I guess those are hard to find. Lord knows they've been looking for one!

I'd take that over putting DJ back there every game.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

True, I mean that didnt effect them last year. They just had a bad day(I hope). For sure Chase has plenty to fix this week.....and the week after......"". Worse blocked game in Chase Era, even kick-off return was awful. Gave no chances to the returner when 4 players are in your face after a couple steps. JJ had a rare penalty as well.

It's a work in progress.   Most of these new guys have never played special teams since high school.  Hopefully we see significant improvement the next game.  Lord knows we are going to need it. 

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's a work in progress.   Most of these new guys have never played special teams since high school.  Hopefully we see significant improvement the next game.  Lord knows we are going to need it. 

Yep, honestly Chase had given me a feeling of security no matter his player pool. Hes had a great run with very little to work with, just the first bad game. Im still a believer/fan.