• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defensive team stats - impressive

Zod

Last year Snow did a lot of 3 man rushes where we dropped everyone back and hoped we could apply pressure. They never ever seemed to work. I don't remember seeing any of those yesterday. Am I misrembering? If not I'll take it that's just an adjustment that Snow made. The pressure worked yesterday.

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Zach Wilson completed 15 of 21 passes for 149 yards, a touchdown, and an interception when not facing pressure in Week 1 against Carolina. 

No QB was pressured more often than Wilson in Week 1. The Jets offensive line was overwhelmed time and again against a middling Panthers front seven.  

Leaving this here.

"Middling" is just going to be the type of respect that media groups based in NYC/large markets will give a young, small market team.

If we duplicate that performance next week against the Saints it will be because Crablegs is a "middling" QB and not because this defense has some elite talent

Even during the 15-1 season we got the "who have they played?" caveat on a lot of analysis. 

I'd prefer to sneak up and blindside the media with a "Middling" roundhouse punch of reality when this dynamic defense is top 10 or higher. 

• Pie 3

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

Regardless... We are playing the Saints and Rodgers doesn't play on the Saints and definitely doesn't play on the defensive side of the ball. I saw 10 QB pressures (0 TFL, 0 sacks) and I saw 5 TD's still being thrown with 0 turnovers. 

Im not sure how our secondary compares to the Packers. I mean I know we can and will generate pressure, but you have to think Sean Payton is really putting Winston in the best position. 

Still, I think if we can limit Kamara and force Winston to make more throws than he did against the packers that is the key. 

Did you watch or glance at the stat lines? Certainly should have had a RedZone INT negated by a completely BS Roughing the passer.

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Did you watch or glance at the stat lines? Certainly should have had a RedZone INT negated by a completely BS Roughing the passer.

Didn't watch the game. I apologize should've said that. And i wasn't trying to word it like I was. I just want a little insight on what we expect to see next week. 

5 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Didn't watch the game. I apologize should've said that. And i wasn't trying to word it like I was. I just want a little insight on what we expect to see next week. 

This negated a RedZone interception and allowed a TD....

Winston was as unimpressive as you can be throwing 5TDs under 150 passing yards two should be INTs.... and of course it didn't hurt that Rodgers playing like he just didn't care handed them the ball in the RedZone twice.

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22

Winston was as unimpressive as you can be throwing 5TDs under 150 passing yards two should be INTs.... and of course it didn't hurt that Rodgers playing like he just didn't care handed then the ball in the RedZone twice.

I guess everything I saw was just highlights and overreaction to 5TDs. Or maybe the topic is just focused on Rodgers play. Thanks for the info and post. I definitely never saw this play. 

• Pie 1

Winston was as unimpressive as you can be throwing 5TDs under 150 passing yards two should be INTs.... and of course it didn't hurt that Rodgers playing like he just didn't care handed then the ball in the RedZone twice.

That reminds me, I was pleasantly surprised they didn't throw a flag on that Derrick Brown sack for "putting his weight on the QB" or whatever.  Not that I think it was warranted, but that awful addition to the roughing the passer penalty has been used ridiculously these past couple seasons, including at least once or twice against us.  Especially since Wilson looked visibly hurt after that.  Maybe he's not old enough to get that call yet lol.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I guess everything I saw was just highlights and overreaction to 5TDs. Or maybe the topic is just focused on Rodgers play. Thanks for the info and post. I definitely never saw this play. 

No worries man, I don't think the Saints were nearly as impressive as some think they were Jameis was Jameis.... and the pack let them run wild stop the run and make Jameis throw and you will still see good results.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

That reminds me, I was pleasantly surprised they didn't throw a flag on that Derrick Brown sack for "putting his weight on the QB" or whatever.  Not that I think it was warranted, but that awful addition to the roughing the passer penalty has been used ridiculously these past couple seasons, including at least once or twice against us.  Especially since Wilson looked visibly hurt after that.  Maybe he's not old enough to get that call yet lol.

I had the same thought, especially with YGM piggy backing. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Jameis had a great game.  Yeah the INT that got called back wasn't great, but he still played better than a lot of people expected.  If Sam had the same game you guys would be talking about how great it was, that he threw 5 TDs, only did what was asked of him, etc.

Jameis Winston has had 5td games before the thing is he's just as likely to throw 5 interceptions. He had two that should have been INTs one of which would have docked him a TD.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

I think we're third for total yards allowed

Should have been first if it wasn’t for the ghost of Ron Rivera taking over Matt Rhule in the second half.

I am tired of watch soft weak ass zone defense get gashed in the second half when we have any type of lead year after year, regardless of who’s coaching.