• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joey Slye

TheoJay10

27 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We punted from the 33. 

That means the coach looked over at the kicker and decided that he'd rather just give the football to the other team than risk a 50-yarder. 

This was a sad and weird decision... But likewise if you know that you're in a part of the field where you traditionally would go for a fg but can't, I wish we'd played like we had 4 downs to get 10 yards.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

We punted from the 33. 

That means the coach looked over at the kicker and decided that he'd rather just give the football to the other team than risk a 50-yarder. 

I actually didn't hate that. Not fully trusting the kicker I'm sure factored into the decision. But pinning a rookie QB inside his own 5 yard line when the D-Line was absolutely abusing him all game seems like a pretty appetizing prospect. Force a turnover. Safety. Or at worst a 3-and-out and we get right possession of the ball right back where we left it.

Frankly I think Charlton isn't getting enough heat for botching a coffin corner punt so badly. Punting from the 33 to the 15???

• Pie 1

Just now, Captroop said:

I actually didn't hate that. Not fully trusting the kicker I'm sure factored into the decision. But pinning a rookie QB inside his own 5 yard line when the D-Line was absolutely abusing him all game seems like a pretty appetizing prospect. Force a turnover. Safety. Or at worst a 3-and-out and we get right possession of the ball right back where we left it.

Frankly I think Charlton isn't getting enough heat for botching a coffin corner punt so badly. Punting from the 33 to the 15???

Expecting perfect execution on every play is going to leave you a very unhappy person. 

Nobody is freaking out. If any of the neck beards read correctly I said outside of a few years of Gano we have had very bad luck with choosing kickers. Yes he made 75% of his kicks today but if we are punting multiple times when we could’ve kicked 50+ yard field goals that the average NFL Kicker could make, I mean come on now even the staff didnt have confidence in him. 

18 minutes ago, Captroop said:

There's more to unpack in the decision making process of that one play than there was in understanding the Snyder vs Whedon JLA directors' cuts. 

Just all kinds of stuff swirling around there that will probably drive us crazy trying to interpret. In the end, it didn't matter. Probably best to just let it go and move on.

• Beer 1