• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In your opinion, how did we fair in certain areas in comparison to last year?

mbarbour21

1 hour ago, CRA said:

10-20 yards downfield. 

21 of his 24 completions were 10 yards or less downfield.  He had 3 over 20+ yards.  Zero intermediate throws.  DJ was 25 yards. 

In his one half during the preseason he completed one intermediate ball (10-20 yards downfield).   

So 20 yards or more is a Deep ball then?

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, that isn't actually true. Just check out the intermediate throws.  Sam had 0 completions on Sunday and 1 in the preseason.   And checking down is a push, Sam doesn't check down better than Teddy Checkdown Bridgewater. 

If you can’t see the difference in the passes between Sam and Teddy I just don’t know what to tell you. The placement and zip are just a whole nother league above Teddy’s wobbly ducks coming in behind guys running in stride. I’m talking the throws, not the stat sheet.  If Rhule and Brady have Sam playing the same game as Teddy, at least Sam’s passes are in step and sharp. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I've always broken down passing at 3 levels.... 10 and less, 10-20, and 20+. 

Toughest place to play is 10-20 IMO.   That's where NFL QBs are made IMO.   

Didn't Sam have those intermediate throws in Preseason(at least when he actually played)?

Or were they still either of the short or deep-ball variety?

22 hours ago, CRA said:

it's basically a clone of the same play.   This one went for 74. 

as I said, that was the exact type deep shot Teddy would take.  The wide open one. 

No actually it's not, Bridgewater had a clean pocket to drop back in and step up into, Daley missed his block completely vs the Jets forcing CMC to chip Sam to make a move and then throw back across his body.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

No actually it's not, Bridgewater had a clean pocket to drop back in and step up into, Daley missed his block completely vs the Jets forcing CMC to chip Sam to make a move and then throw back across his body.

Exactly.   That throw to Robby was off-balance so he could not set his feet and use his entire body into the throw.   That was all Arm-Strength.

• Pie 1