• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corn Elder is back

Zod

4 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Correct, but that was more to Hartsfield looking really good b/c Elder looked decent.

Probably the best signing we could have made until Bouye is back in Week 3

Regardless, the Saints will be missing both Davenport and Lattimore next week, so no excuses

I think its vastly under-rated that once Hartsfield when down, the defensive started to struggle at the same moment. Im a fan and talked him up all mid-season/off-season, but didnt believe he was the one jenga piece that holds the D together(still dont, but it happened)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Basbear said:

I think its vastly under-rated that once Hartsfield when down, the defensive started to struggle at the same moment. Im a fan and talked him up all mid-season/off-season, but didnt believe he was the one jenga piece that holds the D together(still dont, but it happened)

All the starters are holding it together.   It's when they start to go down and the even greener backups come in is when the trouble begins. 

I'm not mad at that. Dude was literally our third highest rated defensive player last year (Iirc). 

Beyond the pff though, he really showed some flashes last season. Inject him in this current defense and he should be even better. 

Hartfield has a higher ceiling but Corn as depth/occasional starter would not be a bad idea in any case (didnt think I'd be saying that AT ALL his first couple years).