• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rashawn Slater

janderson20vt

On 9/13/2021 at 5:59 PM, Rags said:

Nah Slater was my 1b to Horn. Was surprised we went Horn I thought for SURE we were gonna go Slater. Slater is damn good. Technique like no other. This isn't a surprise with him, this was expected.

Amen to your post Rags, for me it was still a win of sorts since the Bolts are the team I root for in that other Conference. Seems our GM was more concerned with trading down than drafting the best/most needed player.

15 minutes ago, glitchh8 said:

Amen to your post Rags, for me it was still a win of sorts since the Bolts are the team I root for in that other Conference. Seems our GM was more concerned with trading down than drafting the best/most needed player.

idk CB is still a huge need for us.

Like if we had Slater obviously it'd be good but our secondary would be. just as bad, if not worse than last year rn.

• Pie 5

15 hours ago, Double Trouble said:

My bad I mixed up draft classes. I thought he was in the DJ Moore 2018 draft in which he would have only 6 picks later and been the top OT prospect there, consistent with the Wirfs and Slater examples. 

I'm pointing out guys who were logical fits at the time for our draft slot. Also, it's spelled Kupp. Look I can be a smart*** too!

Apologies for coming across like an ass. But, the point I was trying to make was, it’s easy to scroll through a previous draft and pick guys based on performance. Keep pounding!

• Beer 1

On 9/15/2021 at 2:58 PM, frankw said:

Have the goal posts moved to we drafted Brady Christensen to be a guard all along? Panthers fans are always good for a laugh. The team even put out an inside look video of people in the draft room rejoicing when we took him considering left tackle was our biggest need outside of corner.

The team put up a video saying they had him graded as a 3rd round tackle and a second round guard, so they always viewed him as a swing lineman, not the solution at a specific spot. Certainly not "the answer" at LT.

1 minute ago, theinstrumental said:

The team put up a video saying they had him graded as a 3rd round tackle and a second round guard, so they always viewed him as a swing lineman, not the solution at a specific spot. Certainly not "the answer" at LT.

Primarily he is and was a tackle it was his position at BYU where he was "dominant" as observed by some at the time which is why we were thrilled he fell to us. I get we don't see him as ready for us just yet but we should be able to agree initially he was viewed as a pick to help our clear need at tackle which still remains.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

He was the best Olinemen left on the board at that point - I think they were just relieved to get someone they really liked after trading down so much in the second round. I'd be curious to know if they liked Spencer Brown. 

Tepper went a bit overboard on his call I think. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

You're joking right?

He is an OT, he might play worse in the future, maybe this one game was an outlier, but his performance in the future won’t fluctuate because of teams “game planning for him”.

He isn’t some duel threat RB that you are going to spy.

the vast majority of his reps are going to be 1v1 battles against some D-lineman.