Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Rashawn Slater


 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

He is an OT, he might play worse in the future, maybe this one game was an outlier, but his performance in the future won’t fluctuate because of teams “game planning for him”.

He isn’t some duel threat RB that you are going to spy.

the vast majority of his reps are going to be 1v1 battles against some D-lineman.

 

 

You don't understand football very much if you think its just one on one block the other guy. Teams use stunts, drops, overloads all the time to exploit offensive linemen. Its prob the most game planned position. Guess what your dual threat RB isn't going to do too well if the LT is blocking the 5 and the defense is blitzing the 3. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snake said:

You don't understand football very much if you think its just one on one block the other guy. Teams use stunts, drops, overloads all the time to exploit offensive linemen. Its prob the most game planned position. Guess what your dual threat RB isn't going to do too well if the LT is blocking the 5 and the defense is blitzing the 3. 

Wouldn’t you think a team would already have tried to exploit the rookie in his first game?They just gave him a pass to be nice to him in his first game? 
Here again I just think maybe you are overthinking the idea of him getting game planned for.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Wouldn’t you think a team would already have tried to exploit the rookie in his first game?They just gave him a pass to be nice to him in his first game? 
Here again I just think maybe you are overthinking the idea of him getting game planned for.

 

Dear god... Ask yourself how much game film is avalible week 1? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Todays game against the saints is an example of why we didn't take Slater.   Last year the saints had only 1 sack, 3TFL, 2 QB hits, 1 pass deflection and 0 FF.  We threw for 254 yards and Bridgewater had a 128.3 passer rating.   We didn't lose that game because Bridgewater was running for his life.

They had 415 yards with an 86% 3rd down conversion rate. 

We lost the game 27-24 because the D couldn't get off the field.  

I'm not saying LT's aren't valuable, they most certainly are.  I'm saying as bad as our O-line was, our secondary was worse.  

 

 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Todays game against the saints is an example of why we didn't take Slater.   Last year the saints had only 1 sack, 3TFL, 2 QB hits, 1 pass deflection and 0 FF.  We threw for 254 yards and Bridgewater had a 128.3 passer rating.   We didn't lose that game because Bridgewater was running for his life.

They had 415 yards with an 86% 3rd down conversion rate. 

We lost the game 27-24 because the D couldn't get off the field.  

I'm not saying LT's aren't valuable, they most certainly are.  I'm saying as bad as our O-line was, our secondary was worse.  

 

 

....but if we had a good LT our QB would have 8 secs to throw on every pass play and our running back would get 10 yards before first contact every rushing play and we would outscore everyone. 

You have to be careful using facts around here, you are going to mess with peoples unrealistic expectations.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...