• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Saints. What do you know?

Zod

Green Bay looked disinterested to me. On one of the INTs from Rodgers, the targeted WR didn't really try to run down the CB who picked him off. I'm not saying that the Saints are horrible, I just think it falls more on GB just not showing up. Winston had 5 TDs but only threw for like 150 yards or something. (under 200 for sure) It was probably the most underwhelming 5 TD game in history.

Saints rushed for almost 150 yards. They didn't have to lean on Winston's arm. If we can continue the run defense and pressure from the Jet's game, then we can force them to try to beat us with Winston. The only INT Winston threw got called back because of a roughing the passer penalty. Zach was pressured on almost 75% of his drop-backs. Saints o-line is better than the Jets, but Winston will have people in his face. I don't think he handles it as well as Zach did.

• Pie 4

I don't feel good about the game.  Bad matchup for us.  Their strength on defense, particularly the defensive line, is not a great recipe for our weak offensive line and a Darnold that we're still trying to build up from the "seeing ghosts" portion of his career.  On offense, yes they downgraded at QB and lost a lot of WR talent, but they still have a great offensive line that may be able to neutralize our strength (defensive line), and Sean Payton knows how to call an offensive game to get his guys open.  We have to hope Jameis reverts to bad decisions Jameis and that turnovers weigh heavily in how close the game is.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

yes they downgraded at QB

Im not really sure if this is the case. Brees was a shell of himself last year. Holding that team back. I know jameis has a history of being turnover prone but if last weeks game is indicative of his turn around with SP’s coaching then they absolutely upgraded. Gonna have to make jameis very uncomfortable in the pocket like we need to do every game, to every qb.

• Pie 8

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Watched a chunk of that game and a little of both. The Green Bay OL was down a lot of talent and they had to deal with a lot of pressure and DL penetration. That could be the case for us, as well.

They definitely don't seem to completely trust Jameis. We may be able to him frazzled.

DL pentetration

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• The D 1

I dont want to overreact, but the Packers looked like absolute garbage. Sad to say that I have two of their players on my fantasy offense. I dont expect Jameis to have that kind of day against us.... and I dont expect Sam Darnold to play as bad as Aaron Rodgers did. 

New Orleans defense looked all world against Green Bay.  I expect us to get the ball out quick and for Christian McCaffrey to have 600 yards of offense on Sunday. 

• Beer 2