• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 3.5 point home underdogs to Saints.

Zod

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it.

Green Bay Packers (-3.5) at New Orleans Saints

Time and channel: 4:25 PM ET, Local

I really liked the Saints before Hurricane Ida displaced them from the Superdome. This game will be held in Jacksonville, and the lack of home-field advantage combined with Jameis Winston throwing the ball to the wrong team will stymie the Saints here.

NFL Week 1 Picks and Predictions: Packers 31, Saints 20

In fact, not many teams covered last week.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-picks-predictions-odds-lines-2021-nflwk-1/

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it.

In fact, not many teams covered last week.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-picks-predictions-odds-lines-2021-nflwk-1/

We did..... Time to upset the stains one week and 14 completions doesn't sell me on Lameis Bad Lameis comes out this week Panthers 26 Lameis Stains 16

• Pie 1

I think the relatively low spread is a recognition of the fact that the Saints haven't actually been home since August at this point, along with much of the coaching staff going into COVID protocol during the same week a number of key starters were nicked up. That the Saints are still favored on the road this week is indicative of Vegas' opinion of the organization's health and the team's depth. One wonders what the spread would have been had the week one results been the same, but without the hurricane and COVID issues for New Orleans and with both teams at full strength. 

11 hours ago, Ace420 said:

I kinda wish we got to play them a little bit later than week two. Not having any real home games and living out of hotel rooms will wear them down eventually. They will still be pretty fresh only 8 days into the season.

Week one is the only home game the Saints will miss.  Games two and three were road games anyway.  The mayor has already said the Dome is ready for their next game against the Giants on October 3rd.  I'll be there in section 229.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Beat them later?

*looks at Panthers schedule* 🧐

By then (Week 17), it won't matter.

Plus, it will be on the road instead of at home.

I think the time to beat them is NOW with many of their players missing.

The Saints will have all the players that played the vast majority of the game against the Packers last week.  Lattimore is the only one that is questionable, but CB Bradley Roby will be active.  He wasn't available in week one.  But, you are correct in that Michael Thomas and David Onyemata will be available week 17.  But, by then the Saints may already have the playoff slot guaranteed and be resting players.

1 minute ago, AsylumGuido said:

The Saints will have all the players that played the vast majority of the game against the Packers last week.  Lattimore is the only one that is questionable, but CB Bradley Roby will be active.  He wasn't available in week one.  But, you are correct in that Michael Thomas and David Onyemata will be available week 17.  But, by then the Saints may already have the playoff slot guaranteed and be resting players.

charlton heston laughing GIF

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

It is amazing what a year learning discipline from a QB legend and great coaching can accomplish.  Not to mention Lasik surgery.

Sure discipline thats it it's not like he couldn't were contacts either right? Tom Brady just won a SB with the roster this clown threw 31 INTs with. 

Remind me again who are your weapons on offense outside if Kamara? 

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Sure discipline thats it it's not like he couldn't were contacts either right? Tom Brady just won a SB with the roster this clown threw 31 INTs with. 

Remind me again who are your weapons on offense outside if Kamara? 

The players that hauled in the other four TD's are among the weapons.  You'll be better acquainted with them after the game, I assure you.  

Oh, and Winston had 30 picks to go with his 33 TD's in 2019 under Bruce Arians' "No risk it, no biscuit" offensive scheme.

As for Brady last year, he was struggling until they abandoned Arians' offense and having weapons like Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, and Leonard Fournette which were not available to Winston had some impact, wouldn't you think?

4 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

The players that hauled in the other four TD's are among the weapons.  You'll be better acquainted with them after the game, I assure you.  

Oh, and Winston had 30 picks to go with his 33 TD's in 2019 under Bruce Arians' "No risk it, no biscuit" offensive scheme.

As for Brady last year, he was struggling until they abandoned Arians' offense and having weapons like Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, and Leonard Fournette which were not available to Winston had some impact, wouldn't you think?

Right right So Evens and Goodwin, Brate Jones, those aren't weapons?

Lol Players your no body's against a weak Packers defense.... Four touchdowns???? Omg you will learn not to judge one week Kyle Allen once had a better first game ever than Jameis.