• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8 Saints test positive for Covid (coaches and player)

BlitzMonster

Relax.  The only details have been six assistant coaches, one nutritionist, and one player on IR have been placed in protocol.  That could mean they all had close contact with someone that tested positive and not actually be positive.  The Saints have 100% of staff vaccinated meaning protocol would be having two negative tests 24 hours apart and they can return immediately.  There's a chance they can all be back by in person by Thursday.  They can still sit in on game planning remotely.  The player doesn't come into play at all being on IR.

Edited by AsylumGuido

1 hour ago, Bama Panther said:

If they are the kinds of football coaches who are young and in some semblance of shape, they very, very likely wouldn’t die anyway.  

And if they aren't, you never know.

You never really know anyway, because fitness gurus have died as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/04/fit-and-healthy-man-42-from-southport-who-rejected-vaccine-dies-of-covid

Edited by top dawg
To add link

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

I don't know where this forfeit talk is coming from BUT if it did happen, it would be both a good thing and a bad thing.

A good thing because it gives the Panthers a nice 2-0 start to the season plus it's one game less that CMC gets overused.

A bad thing because we still won't know how Sam would've improved from Week 1.   There will be constant speculation for another full week regarding that. 

Anyway, we'll see how the NFL handles this.  

Call me crazy, but I think I'd take the automatic win and just deal with a week of Sam speculation. 

(That said, I doubt very highly the game will be forfeited)

• Beer 1

Just now, LegioX said:

Not trying to bring politics into this, then why are vaccinated people ordered to wear masks if “we will be just fine” ?

I think to make it easier on those that are not vaccinated.  Not to mentioned you can still catch and spread if vaccinated, although rare.

2 hours ago, AsylumGuido said:

Relax.  The only details have been six assistant coaches, one nutritionist, and one player on IR have been placed in protocol.  That could mean they all had close contact with someone that tested positive and not actually be positive.  The Saints have 100% of staff vaccinated meaning protocol would be having two negative tests 24 hours apart and they can return immediately.  There's a chance they can all be back by in person by Thursday.  They can still sit in on game planning remotely.  The player doesn't come into play at all being on IR.

This Is Fine GIF