• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen and Brown "close to contributing"

Zod

17 minutes ago, Zod said:

Offensive line coach talking about his rookies. From Panthers dot com 

"You know what, they're closer than I thought they would be," Meyer said. "Brady's done a lot of good things, and when we first got Brady we didn't know if he'd be a tackle or a guard and I think he could be either. And we've been able to flip him both sides, play right and left, and he's done a nice job. He's got good feet, he's a smart kid, obviously he's a little older, as a (soon-to-be) 25-year-old rookie. So he's more mature and he gets it.

"And with Deonte, the big thing with him was to make sure he keeps his weight in check, and he's done that. He's done a great job, he's in the 330s now, back from when we saw him at the Senior Bowl and he was 364. But he's done a good job, and he wasn't one of those big guys who can't move. He's a quick-twitch kid who has a lot of good lower-body explosion. He's learning, they both are, the different techniques we teach. But I would say they're closer to being ready than they are farther away."

code for "the guys we thought were going to be good aren't so we might have to do something" ?

This way we can blame it on the rookies for not being ready instead of our choice of going with the wrong guy?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3