• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyler Linderbaum

ncfan

27 minutes ago, Icege said:

You'd be surprised! Take these day 1 trades from recent drafts, for example:

• [2021] Dallas traded its first-round selection (10th overall) to Philadelphia in exchange for first- and third-round selections (12th and 84th overall). I know this is a 3rd rounder that we don't have, but worth mentioning here as #84 was enough to move up from #12 to #10.
  • [2021] Minnesota traded first- and fourth-round selections (14th and 143rd overall) to the N.Y. Jets in exchange for their first- and two third-round selections (23rd, 66th, and 86th overall). Again, not exactly a day 3 pick but they essentially took the same trade from earlier, but instead of going from 12 -> 10 for #84, they're going from 23 -> 14 for #86 and swapping a 3rd for a 4th. Perhaps trading a future 3rd could help sweeten the deal?
  • [2020] San Francisco traded first- and seventh-round selections (13th and 245th) to Tampa Bay in exchange for first- and fourth-round selections (14th and 117th). 
  • [2020] Minnesota traded a first-round selection (25th) to San Francisco in exchange for San Francisco's first-, fourth-, and fifth-round selections (31st, 117th, and 176th). 
  • [2019] Seattle traded a first-round selection (21st) to Green Bay in exchange for Green Bay's first- and two fourth-round selections (30th, 114th and 118th).
  • [2019] Baltimore traded a first-round selection (22nd) to Philadelphia in exchange for Philadelphia's first-, fourth- and sixth-round selections (25th, 127th and 197th).
  • [2019] New Orleans traded a first-round selection (30th), as well as 2018 first- and fifth-round selections (27th and 147th) to Green Bay in exchange for Green Bay's 2018 first round selection (14th).
  • [2018] Green Bay traded a first-round selection (14th) to New Orleans in exchange for New Orleans's first- and fifth-round selections (27th and 147th) and a first-round selection in 2019.
  • [2018] Baltimore traded first- and sixth-round selections (22nd and 215th) to Tennessee in exchange for Tennessee's first- and fourth-round selections (25th and 125th).

Well I stand corrected! Nice data/research. Maybe we have more flexibility than I thought. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

13 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A) A day 3 pick doesnt move the needle a bit

B) teams dont trade up for IOL

Might be worth reading the thread before making an already disproven claim.

15 hours ago, Icege said:

You'd be surprised! Take these day 1 trades from recent drafts, for example:

• [2021] Dallas traded its first-round selection (10th overall) to Philadelphia in exchange for first- and third-round selections (12th and 84th overall). I know this is a 3rd rounder that we don't have, but worth mentioning here as #84 was enough to move up from #12 to #10.
  • [2021] Minnesota traded first- and fourth-round selections (14th and 143rd overall) to the N.Y. Jets in exchange for their first- and two third-round selections (23rd, 66th, and 86th overall). Again, not exactly a day 3 pick but they essentially took the same trade from earlier, but instead of going from 12 -> 10 for #84, they're going from 23 -> 14 for #86 and swapping a 3rd for a 4th. Perhaps trading a future 3rd could help sweeten the deal?
  • [2020] San Francisco traded first- and seventh-round selections (13th and 245th) to Tampa Bay in exchange for first- and fourth-round selections (14th and 117th). 
  • [2020] Minnesota traded a first-round selection (25th) to San Francisco in exchange for San Francisco's first-, fourth-, and fifth-round selections (31st, 117th, and 176th). 
  • [2019] Seattle traded a first-round selection (21st) to Green Bay in exchange for Green Bay's first- and two fourth-round selections (30th, 114th and 118th).
  • [2019] Baltimore traded a first-round selection (22nd) to Philadelphia in exchange for Philadelphia's first-, fourth- and sixth-round selections (25th, 127th and 197th).
  • [2019] New Orleans traded a first-round selection (30th), as well as 2018 first- and fifth-round selections (27th and 147th) to Green Bay in exchange for Green Bay's 2018 first round selection (14th).
  • [2018] Green Bay traded a first-round selection (14th) to New Orleans in exchange for New Orleans's first- and fifth-round selections (27th and 147th) and a first-round selection in 2019.
  • [2018] Baltimore traded first- and sixth-round selections (22nd and 215th) to Tennessee in exchange for Tennessee's first- and fourth-round selections (25th and 125th).

If you need to see where teams have traded up for iOL, I got you there as well.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Well I stand corrected! Nice data/research. Maybe we have more flexibility than I thought. 

I think we're in a really good spot, potentially.

We have a lot of "what-ifs" to look to have answered this season including but not limited to: QB, LT, LG, C, RG, TE2, FB?, LB, S, and KR/PR.

Some of those can have surprising answers (QB) while others have band aids that at least put us in position to fill in other areas (OL).

Hell... the team might even be in a position to trade down if they play deep into the postseason. Fitterer has already stated that he sees there being 25 really good players, and then from there there isn't much difference between 25 - 100. I could see him trading back in the 1st to reclaim a 2nd and/or 3rd rd pick, or parlaying a couple of those day three picks to slide up a couple of spots to grab a player that unexpectedly slid into range.

As much as I want Tyler Linderbaum on this team, I'll trade that for having a healthy Cam any day of the week. Even if it means another year of Pat Elflein.

We might end up right in his range. He’s rated highly now, but some QB’s and athletic freaks always climb the boards closer to the draft. Linderbaum’s only knock is that he weighs about 290, so the combine could push him down to us. 

Having a good center is a huge help to a young quarterback and if we think we’re going to end up in that situation any time soon, picking Linderbaum would get us a good head start.

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 1:03 PM, chbright said:

Worthy selection in the back half of the 1st round. Would like to have him as it really would help finally move on from Ryan Kalil and get a stud in here. 

He’ll be long gone by the back half of the 1st and let’s not get cute with our pick. It’s time to start fixing problems.