• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On stadium changes

Obeg

PSL owner since 2011 (thanks Jimmy) but first game since 2019. Observations of changes:

- geez they threw up skyscrapers fast. It's a different view. This was punctuated by the flyover taking a flight pattern over the stadium that it never had.

- was JJR BBQ owned by Jerry Richardson? Because while that was some of the best bbq I've eaten.. the replacement Carolina BBQ is nasty slop.

- there was no Keep Pounding chant. Not once. Nada. Very strange thing to take away. I thought for a moment it was a COVID thing (not prompting you to scream and spray cooties) but they still do the GET LOUDER and Stand up and Shout that everyone ignores. This was a very bad decision to quit prompting the chant.

- I don't get the end zone fancy seats. No one was in them Sunday other than a couple Jets fans. End zone seats.. especially ground level aren't good seats anyway. And taking away the experience of handing a TD ball to a kid in the stands in the end zone seems like a sad thing to me.

-no more purrcussion section on the field. Maybe Covid related. This also needs to come back.

Summer good changes.. but some I consider bad as well. But I'm glad to be back!

• Pie 4
  • Beer 5

3 hours ago, Obeg said:

I don't get the end zone fancy seats. No one was in them Sunday other than a couple Jets fans. End zone seats.. especially ground level aren't good seats anyways.

Completely agree.  I've sat virtually everywhere at one time or another but those seats seem terrible.  No way you can see the opposite end of the field at all from that low.

I love midfield uppers in the lowest rows.  You can see the plays developing in ways you won't see on tv.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Obeg said:

- there was no Keep Pounding chant. Not once. Nada. Very strange thing to take away. I thought for a moment it was a COVID thing (not prompting you to scream and spray cooties) but they still do the GET LOUDER and Stand up and Shout that everyone ignores. This was a very bad decision to quit prompting the chant.

This is super weak. "Keep Pounding" is one of the long-standing Panthers traditions that definitely needs to stay.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

3 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

There was a keep pounding chant, maybe you were in the head.

Nope. They did the drum but no stadium wide chant. Maybe your section got a small one going.. I did see one section trying to get a wave going that didn't work. I was in my seat from noon (which used to be "Phil time" - when they always played In the Air Tonight) until Sweet Caroline.. no chant once.

I don't remember the Keep Pounding chant at the game. The only time I left my seat was half time. It was hot as f@ck I do know that. I like the black panthers with the blue eyes in the endzone but I do wish the black endzones would come back. As far as the field level seats, I think that is more of a soccer things than  anything. I know the entrance at the 50 yard line is a soccer thing. The stadium was not close to full though. Did anyone else see that?