• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pass Block Win Rate through week 1 (ESPN)

SgtJoo

Just now, Jon Snow said:

He's an anomaly like Tom Brady.  They are the exception, not the rule. 

True, but he was (and still is) playing at a high level.  All people saw was a 35-year old LT.  The Rams don't care that his beard is completely gray now, and neither does Stafford (old man reference).  I knew we needed a LT even if he was just plug for a couple of years; I didn't care about his age.  Fast forward 4 years and he's still doing solid work.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

True, but he was (and still is) playing at a high level.  All people saw was a 35-year old LT.  The Rams don't care that his beard is completely gray now, and neither does Stafford (old man reference).  I knew we needed a LT even if he was just plug for a couple of years; I didn't care about his age.  Fast forward 4 years and he's still doing solid work.

That gamble certainly paid off for the Rams.  I'm sure that if we have the opportunity to sign a generational LT they surely will try. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, Tbe said:

Thats exactly how this season will go. We always knew it would.

Contain CMC and dare Darnold to throw.

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Sounds familiar. 

Yeah except Sam would be more than willing to throw unlike Teddy.  

Of course that's if the O-Line gives him time to do it...but it doesn't look like it will be the case.

I really hope Fitterer looks at the Gong-show we have and decides to go ALL-IN for the best OL-man they can get in the next draft, whether Sam is in the future plans or not.

Edited by glenwo2

9 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Cue the Saint's D watching game film and completely failing to miss OL ineptitude being saved by a bajillion dump off passes to CMC.

Cue the Saint's D cordinator coming up with a game plan that amounts to: smother CMC in close, rush 4 to get to Darnold, dare everybody else to beat us before we pound Darnold's face into the ground.

Sam only has so long to work with it before opposing game plans adjust.

That’s exactly what’s going to happen I’m afraid 

• Pie 1