• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Von Miller just made me throw up!

BurnNChinn

20 hours ago, NAS said:

Should have never lost to those bastards

There was no way they where letting Manning lose that game.

He also basically got benched in the 3rd or 4th after Kony Ealy picked him or nearly picked him. I intentionally forget a lot of the details of that game.

And I am I the only one who noticed the field was set up a hell of a lot like the Broncos home field? 

• Pie 2

It's just puzzling that he has this rep of being such a great leader and team player, yet flamed out so badly in that type of role in Carolina. Rhule and his staff are certainly a variable here but whatever happened things sure went south fast and they dumped Teddy as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Teddy drank his own Kool Aid and wasn't so great behind the scenes (evidenced by the obvious frustration the staff had with him), but that's speculation on my part. Whatever it was though they couldn't wait to move on.

Edited by KSpan

On 9/16/2021 at 7:33 PM, KSpan said:

It's just puzzling that he has this rep of being such a great leader and team player, yet flamed out so badly in that type of role in Carolina. Rhule and his staff are certainly a variable here but whatever happened things sure went south fast and they dumped Teddy as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Teddy drank his own Kool Aid and wasn't so great behind the scenes (evidenced by the obvious frustration the staff had with him), but that's speculation on my part. Whatever it was though they couldn't wait to move on.

I mean, out of the 5 NFL teams he's been on, the Panthers are literally the only one who didn't have good things to say about him.

It was a bad fit, Teddy's not a bad guy. He fits with what the Broncos want, and they are running their offense with the QB they have instead of the one they want.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, Madwolf said:

I mean, out of the 5 NFL teams he's been on, the Panthers are literally the only one who didn't have good things to say about him.

It was a bad fit, Teddy's not a bad guy. He fits with what the Broncos want, and they are running their offense with the QB they have instead of the one they want.

The story was that Carolina signed him because he was what they wanted and good at what they wanted to run, so even assuming that's only a half-truth it should have seemingly been a better fit. The whole thing is odd because moving on that quickly indicated the staff saw nothing there redeemable/worth even considering a second year. I'm still a bit skeptical of Rhule but the motivation to jettison that quickly would seemingly be him not as advertised behind the scenes, even if only in Carolina for some reason, and the tension was so easy to see publicly.

I mean, Teddy's a good dude, a good teammate, and a good QB. Fans had already decided that they didn't like him because he was Cam's replacement. You've got the same users desperately pushing a narrative that Teddy was a snake because he said that a call took awhile to get in yet were supportive of Cam when he was talking about suggestion boxes after a loss to the Cowboys. There were folks that hated Cam's guts that took that whole situation and turned it into him throwing his teammates under the bus because he said "We keep finding ways to keep games close." The equivalent with Teddy is the, "He's a bad teammate because he fuged up DJ's ankle and blamed the coaches" when there's more than enough to show that wasn't the case at all.

But hey, some folks just need a scapegoat and fortunately for them they got it in Bridgewater. Why he continues to be their scapegoat though is just... weird.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Icege said:

I mean, Teddy's a good dude, a good teammate, and a good QB. Fans had already decided that they didn't like him because he was Cam's replacement. You've got the same users desperately pushing a narrative that Teddy was a snake because he said that a call took awhile to get in yet were supportive of Cam when he was talking about suggestion boxes after a loss to the Cowboys. There were folks that hated Cam's guts that took that whole situation and turned it into him throwing his teammates under the bus because he said "We keep finding ways to keep games close." The equivalent with Teddy is the, "He's a bad teammate because he fuged up DJ's ankle and blamed the coaches" when there's more than enough to show that wasn't the case at all.

But hey, some folks just need a scapegoat and fortunately for them they got it in Bridgewater. Why he continues to be their scapegoat though is just... weird.

I haven't seen anyone call him a 'snake' or anything similar, and being objectively skeptical and ultimately disappointed because of Teddy's historical and continued lackluster play is entirely separate from other QBs, Cam included. It's fair to note that his public actions did not appear to fully align with his reputation and that a team offloading a player like that given the financial commitment and loads of stories about how he fit exactly what the offense was hoping to do raises questions that will likely go forever unanswered for the typical fan.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

23 hours ago, KSpan said:

I haven't seen anyone call him a 'snake' or anything similar, and being objectively skeptical and ultimately disappointed because of Teddy's historical and continued lackluster play is entirely separate from other QBs, Cam included. It's fair to note that his public actions did not appear to fully align with his reputation and that a team offloading a player like that given the financial commitment and loads of stories about how he fit exactly what the offense was hoping to do raises questions that will likely go forever unanswered for the typical fan.

I think there was some disagreement on what they should do in practice, and how the offense was being run.

Now I'm obviously a Teddy guy, for obvious reasons, but I've always believe that the offense needs to be the Coach's offense, but fit around what you have. I don't feel like the Panthers did a very good job fitting their offense around Teddy's abilities, and I also think they should have given more practice time to the redzone if that's what the QB wanted, within reason.

If you keep asking a guy to do what he can't, or don't let him practice where he's struggling, at some point the blame starts falling on you.

It's like running CMC up the gut into a blitzing defense in a formation where you have all 11 guys in the box, and only 4 DBs on the field, 2 of which are safeties. It's not his strength, and are we going to judge CMC by that when he doesn't pick it up or the coaches?

I predicted before the season that Teddy and Sam would both have their best years, and I think I undersold Sam on taking care of the ball. He's looked really good. But it's also a tale of both QBs going from teams that didn't use them to their strengths, to ones that are.