• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis on Good Morning Football + the Tie Debacle is settled!

EgoDogg

Further away from it all the more I look at it like this:

Hurney was our overly romantic and sweet boyfriend from high school who was terrible with his money (overpaying for bad players), always in debt (Cap hell), and kind of taking advantage of our good will (sticking around through years of incompetence). We could probably get a hotter guy if we wanted (one with an actual scouting background), but we were content with the familiarity. 

We finally realized his shortcomings and dumped him for the more driven and slightly hotter Gettleman (scouting background). Because we were with Hurney for so long, we needed a rebound and he was the opposite of everything we were familiar with. While he was more financially stable, he was also kind of an asshole to our friends (releasing smitty, dropping Norman) but took us on sweet vacations (the playoffs) to make up for it. Then we got tired of him being a dick, and we missed the sweetness of our ex, so we Dumped Gettleman the first night on a vacation that he had spent a good chunk of his time planning (2017).

Against our friends wishes, we jumped right back into Hurney's arms. This time it would be different, he even told us that he had changed! At the beginning it looked like he had (2017), but then he started reverting back into his old bad habits (bad contracts, cap hell) once he got comfortable, so we had to dump him again. 

After taking some time for self reflection, we made some nice online dating profiles across all the big sites because we really wanted to find the right guy for us (exhaustive GM search this past offseason). We found a guy that checked all the boxes, and so far, things are going really well (Fitterer). He is great with his money, seems pretty nice, and tries to do better when he messes up (Perryman, Little, etc.) Right now he's saving up for a nice trip that hopefully, we'll be able to go on it in a few months (playoffs). 

Fingers crossed that he's the one!

Emoji Love GIF by MOODMAN 

• Pie 4
  • The D 1

23 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Hurney was our overly romantic and sweet boyfriend from high school who was terrible with his money (overpaying for bad players), always in debt (Cap hell), and kind of taking advantage of our good will (sticking around through years of incompetence). We could probably get a hotter guy if we wanted (one with an actual scouting background), but we were content with the familiarity. 

We finally realized his shortcomings and dumped him for the more driven and slightly hotter Gettleman (scouting background). Because we were with Hurney for so long, we needed a rebound and he was the opposite of everything we were familiar with. While he was more financially stable, he was also kind of an asshole to our friends (releasing smitty, dropping Norman) but took us on sweet vacations (the playoffs) to make up for it. Then we got tired of him being a dick, and we missed the sweetness of our ex, so we Dumped Gettleman the first night on a vacation that he had spent a good chunk of his time planning (2017).

Against our friends wishes, we jumped right back into Hurney's arms. This time it would be different, he even told us that he had changed! At the beginning it looked like he had (2017), but then he started reverting back into his old bad habits (bad contracts, cap hell) once he got comfortable, so we had to dump him again. 

After taking some time for self reflection, we made some nice online dating profiles across all the big sites because we really wanted to find the right guy for us (exhaustive GM search this past offseason). We found a guy that checked all the boxes, and so far, things are going really well (Fitterer). He is great with his money, seems pretty nice, and tries to do better when he messes up (Perryman, Little, etc.) Right now he's saving up for a nice trip that hopefully, we'll be able to go on it in a few months (playoffs). 

Masterful summation of our dating history...I mean GM history.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Gettleman IMO was a hype machine.  He loved the limelight.  Tons of media attention and outrageous picks when we had some many other needs.  (ie 3 CB in a row and only 1 being worth a damn.) Dumping Steve Smith and reneging Josh Norman's franchise tag. So important for him to get NFL Network down to Charlotte. 

The tie issues doesn't surprise me.  It never seemed to fit Rivera who was a former player and wearing a tie doesn't make you a better player.

As we watch the Giants go to the cellar of the NFL we can all enjoy it's not us anymore. 

I like Fitterer but I wish JR would have fired his dumb ass and promoted B. Bean.  He would have started our rebuild much sooner.  Hurney did OK in round one after DG but Bean would have filled the roster better.  

21 hours ago, CRA said:

moving on from 89 was the right call.  Just handled poorly.  and poorly is how Gettlemen dealt with humans. 

Moving on from 89 was  a  call. I mean, Gettleman didn't even try or give 89 an opportunity. Smitty would've likely made a difference in that Super Bowl. Just sayin'.

Edited by top dawg

17 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

nice 

It's fun looking back and seeing so many people who bashed me for being reactionary and emotional about how bad Gettleman was, now passionately admit just how bad he was.😂😂😂

Dude is one of the biggest egomaniac the world of football has ever seen...  possibly the world has ever seen.  He always had to show everyone how alpha he was, how smart he was, how much of a boss he was...  and he wasn't any of those things.  Just a scared, flabby man desperately seeking out validation and recognition.  And so many here defaulted to the "well, he's better than Hurney, because he's a 'football guy.'"  Tuh!  Should've stuck to being a P.E. coach.

Also, Hurney sucked.  But, Gettleman single-handedly set our franchise back 8-10 years with his little dick, ego-based moves.  I will always despise his memory.  I also bask in my prediction when the Giants hired him (which can be found on this board), that he was going to gut them of their core pieces like Beckham, and sure enough...  L-O-L.  He's imploding that organization as we speak, and should be unemployed shortly.  Rightfully so.

And as far as the tie, it just shows how dysfunctional our organization has always been.  How tf the GM makes a decision like that and the coach allows it?  And again, it's another powermonger, dickless move by Gettleman..  my goodness, that man was an absolute cancer.

Just to add- Gettleman did change the rules about what to wear on game-day or trips to cities. Suit and tie, he said it was more professional and the trips are business trips now. RR liked and agreed, said it was something the giants did. Ive heard this form RR and players.