• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This really says it all re: Sam Darnold

Zod

7 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

We were two missed throws in the endzone from scoring 30+. 

Brady had a good gameplan.   Sam just needed to execute better.

Even I can see that.

Good game plan?  Really?  How many drives did we sustain in the second half?  Oh, right, ONE.

I get that we missed a couple opportunities in the first half.  What about that second half?  We had how many drives?  Five?  Six?  And three points to show.

What has Brady done, exactly?  Yes, Joe Burrow looked great . . . for one season.  He played a big role in getting TB5 in here.  Our offense ranked 24th in scoring.  This year so far?  19 points.

Brady has a long way to go in order prove he is "the next thing".

• Pie 2
  • Flames 4

25 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It probably does, but these geeks care more about stats than what the final score is.  I just watch the game without trying to figure out why so and so's "numbers" are not what I predicted.  Because all I care about is whether we win or not.

Sorry, had to rant for a minute.  Carry on. 

yet those same geeks bash last year's 4 1k total scrimmmage yards players and say it doesnt matter because we didnt win.... choose a side and stay on it.

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

yet those same geeks bash last year's 4 1k total scrimmmage yards players and say it doesnt matter because we didnt win.... choose a side and stay on it.

Mike Davis DJ Moore Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel combined for 509 touches last year. If you want Moore Anderson and Terrace or Chuba to get near that kind of yardage that's going to be tough with our best offensive threat in the mix as well. But Joe has to find a way and scheme around this oline they rolled the dice on.

Edited by frankw

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Just saw this. 

Games of Sam Darnold with a Passer Rating over 100:

Sunday: 1

Previous 17 Starts: 0

Turns out, the Jets really are where good players go to die. 

I saw it 1 playing against Jets

previous 17 playing with Jets. 

Hope we see more of those but not ready to go there yet.

55 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It probably does, but these geeks care more about stats than what the final score is.  I just watch the game without trying to figure out why so and so's "numbers" are not what I predicted.  Because all I care about is whether we win or not.

Hells yeah! We currently have the best record in the NFL, everything else is a moot point. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, BrianS said:

Good game plan?  Really?  How many drives did we sustain in the second half?  Oh, right, ONE.

I get that we missed a couple opportunities in the first half.  What about that second half?  We had how many drives?  Five?  Six?  And three points to show.

What has Brady done, exactly?  Yes, Joe Burrow looked great . . . for one season.  He played a big role in getting TB5 in here.  Our offense ranked 24th in scoring.  This year so far?  19 points.

Brady has a long way to go in order prove he is "the next thing".

What I saw in the 2nd half was the Jets "D" play better and give Sam problems causing him to either get sacked (that one time), hit (10 times total), and hurried(which led to incomplete passes). 

I'm not defending Brady nor supporting him.    Just saying that it's more about execution rather than the gameplan.

15 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The PRWR metric one of the most simple and easy to understand. It is "Can you hold your block for 2.5 seconds?" 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, 1989 said:

I wonder if that percentage has anything to do with the amount of screens and short dump offs we threw? Seriously, just a thought.

Yes, probably....but thats a big staple of our offense, so it is what it is.  The short pass/screen game has become a staple of many NFL offenses these days actually.  Simply because it is very difficult to defend if you've got the right guys.  And we definitely do have the right guys.  If I was Brady I would be screening teams to death until they showed they could stop it. 

• Pie 1