• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Tepper ixnay #keeppounding chant?

RenoCarolina

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Only thing I liked was when he put the Panther logo at midfield but then he took damn black endzones away.

Again...impressed.

Putting the logo at midfield isn't impressive to me.

Focusing on business first isn't impressive.

Bringing in MLS, changing the field, wanting a new taxpayer funded stadium (as the wealthiest owner in the NFL), mega campus in SC, etc...

I'm disappointed in the ownership for sure, could have been so much better.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Again...impressed.

Putting the logo at midfield isn't impressive to me.

Focusing on business first isn't impressive.

Bringing in MLS, changing the field, wanting a new taxpayer funded stadium (as the wealthiest owner in the NFL), mega campus in SC, etc...

I'm disappointed in the ownership for sure, could have been so much better.

Oh no I understand I’m definitely not impressed!

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

He’s going to quit profiting if team doesn’t get better on field, I mean start going to playoffs. Also if he keeps taking poo away and all stuff at stadium turns to poo.

I have a feeling all of this is just the beginning of a brand reset so he can stroke his own ego. He doesn't really care about the product on the field. He owns a football team and now he has a MLS team. All about his empire rather than the product. What else should we expect from a dude that keeps a set of brass balls on his desk?

I ain't mad at the dude for hustlin', but I'm mad at the dude for bringing down my favorite team as he does it. Never cared for the dude. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rural for sure but I wouldn't say economically agrarian. I would probably just leave it at plain old economically depressed, like most of the rest of southern Appalachia.

Agrarian isn't quite the right word but WNC is by and large an agriculturally driven economy. Almost every WNC county has some form of agriculture/livestock as their largest economic contributor. It's been Christmas trees in Watauga county for like 50 years for instance. 

I didn't mean that statement as an assessment of the overall poverty rates, but they generally are related. 

Just now, Kuhndog94 said:

I have a feeling all of this is just the beginning of a brand reset so he can stroke his own ego. He doesn't really care about the product on the field. He owns a football team and now he has a MLS team. All about his empire rather than the product. What else should we expect from a dude that keeps a set of brass balls on his desk?

I ain't mad at the dude for hustlin', but I'm mad at the dude for bringing down my favorite team as he does it. Never cared for the dude. 

Just wait it gets worse we won’t have a team because I see him being like a damn George Shinn and moving team. That’s who he reminds me of, people can poo me all they want but you better get ready I think it’s only going to get worse.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Just wait it gets worse we won’t have a team because I see him being like a damn George Shinn and moving team. That’s who he reminds me of, people can poo me all they want but you better get ready I think it’s only going to get worse.

I'd probably say the same thing if Charlotte wasn't awarded an MLS team. I think we are save from relocation for now. 

However, I wouldn't put it past his ego to try to change mascots while he is doing all of this rebranding. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Agrarian isn't quite the right word but WNC is by and large an agriculturally driven economy. Almost every WNC county has some form of agriculture/livestock as their largest economic contributor. It's been Christmas trees in Watauga county for like 50 years for instance. 

I didn't mean that statement as an assessment of the overall poverty rates, but they generally are related. 

Well, I mean you can't exactly put meth production and pill pushing on the official list of economic contributors.

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, I mean you can't exactly out meth production and pill pushing on the lists of economic contributors.

If we're talking drug and addiction issues, Eastern NC stands just as tall as WNC. The eastern piedmont and coastal plains are a wasteland of addiction and poverty. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Tepper has shown nothing but a commitment to the area. Ya'll have lost your mind if you think he's planning on moving the team outside of the Carolinas.

None of what he has done in the area keeps him from moving team lol. He is a billionaire he does whatever the hell he wants.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

None of what he has done in the area keeps him from moving team lol. He is a billionaire he does whatever the hell he wants.

Even billionaires don't walk away from 100's of millions of dollars of their own money invested. Baring some catastrophe the teams not going anywhere. 

Don't let me stop you're worrying though. Panic as you see fit.