• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Tepper ixnay #keeppounding chant?

RenoCarolina

2 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Even billionaires don't walk away from 100's of millions of dollars of their own money invested. Baring some catastrophe the teams not going anywhere. 

Don't let me stop you're worrying though. Panic as you see fit. 

He can make that back in a month, hell probably weeks. But you do you bud!

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

None of what he has done in the area keeps him from moving team lol. He is a billionaire he does whatever the hell he wants.

That facility in Rock Hill is a huge commitment…he’s not going anywhere….now a new stadium down there is not something I would dismiss at all

2 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

That facility in Rock Hill is a huge commitment…he’s not going anywhere….now a new stadium down there is not something I would dismiss at all

Hell they can’t even pay for that, and that ain’t all paid with his money either lol.

Edited by BurnNChinn

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Boone is a football town though due to App State. Kinda like how the Hornets rode the coattails of tobacco road basketball in NC. Boone is a lot different than most of WNC.

Boone, BW, Banner Elk, Sugar, Beech, that whole area is it's own thing along 221 and 183.  Heck even Cashiers near the border has some nice spots but there are the older WNC; I know what areas you're alluding to in saying WNC.  

I'm just about done with any local coverage of the Panthers. First this then now it's on to the end zone paint whining. 

This whining poo is beyond words pathetic.

Every fuging day it's going to be a new  "scandal" to drive easy content and clicks. Rush to judgement gone fuging off the rails and it's about poo that doesn't matter to begin with.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Just wait it gets worse we won’t have a team because I see him being like a damn George Shinn and moving team. That’s who he reminds me of, people can poo me all they want but you better get ready I think it’s only going to get worse.

I don't think he has any desire to actually relocate the team but if that's the threat he has to make to fleece Charlotte out of the money for a new stadium he'll absolutely play that card.

58 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Its not that he thinks we are the same.  I used the phrase 2 sides of the same coin.  Each side is different.  I merely suggest that he (along with most everyone not from here) believe we are rowdy siblings that have shared all experiences.  Additionally I dont think he considered just how petty the NC/SC "rivalry" is.  As mentioned earlier, BBQ sauce?  Chopped or Pulled?  Ketchup or Vinegar?  FIGHT!! 

I'm a native NC and as long as I've been alive SC has been a derogatory label.  

"Where ya from?"

-"Greenville."

"NC?"

-"No. SC."

- -  "get out"

I've spent 28 of my 33 years in NC (mostly Charlotte, + 4 years at UNC Chapel Hill) and I never really got any kind of "rivalry" vibe with SC so I guess we've had different lived experiences.  I mean other than political differences which have really been exacerbated over the last ~5 years.  But yeah when I told people I was moving to Greenville, I would get asked the same question but tbh I didn't even know Greenville NC was a thing until that question lol.  I don't think I ever got any kind of negative reception from answering Greenville SC but now you've got me wondering...🤔

I will say, even as a NC native myself...I was completely blindsided by how different SC is.  Not a fan at all, personally...but again, that stems primarily from the political divide and the implications of that.

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I've spent 28 of my 33 years in NC (mostly Charlotte, + 4 years at UNC Chapel Hill) and I never really got any kind of "rivalry" vibe with SC so I guess we've had different lived experiences.  I mean other than political differences which have really been exacerbated over the last ~5 years.  But yeah when I told people I was moving to Greenville, I would get asked the same question but tbh I didn't even know Greenville NC was a thing until that question lol.  I don't think I ever got any kind of negative reception from answering Greenville SC but now you've got me wondering...🤔

I will say, even as a NC native myself...I was completely blindsided by how different SC is.  Not a fan at all, personally...but again, that stems primarily from the political divide and the implications of that.

It's not a rivalry because it's no contest. The "rivalry" attitude comes almost entirely from the SC side of the border. It's like the UNC/NCSU rivalry. Of course UNC fans want to beat state, but to state it's their everything. If they beat UNC it was a successful season.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

It just depends on what part of NC you're from. The NC/SC rivalry perspective comes out on this board mainly for two reasons, the Two Teams One State dealio for the Panthers specifically and because the team is centered regionally in an area with a traditional NC/SC rivalry dynamic being so close to the border.

Growing up in NW NC we could have given two fugs about SC and almost all of our ire was directed at Tennessee. 

• Beer 2

I’m continually stunned by the enormous amount of projecting you people do. This thread has created an entire narrative that Tepper hates the KP chant and wants to replace it to sell ads. 

There is a saying.

” Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.“

If you’ve ever worked in a large org and made decision that seemed small but blew up in your face then you know what I mean.

If there is evidence Tepper called someone and said ‘I hate the chant’ then let’s see it and respond accordingly. 

Otherwise this is just fantasy/conspiracy talk.

Calm down.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Thank you for pointing out North Carolina as well in regards to this.

I'm from SC and I'm tired of some fans always claiming that SC doesn't support the Panthers. Obviously, the whole state doesn't support the team, but let's not act like it's just one state that has this issue.

I admit my experience is really just limited to Charlotte vs. Greenville, so I'll acknowledge that it's ignorant of me to make any broad assertions about NC vs. SC...I didn't intend to do that.  Obviously Charlotte is the epicenter of Panthers' fandom considering the stadium is located there, so it's perhaps a bit unfair to use it as the standard to compare other cities to lol.  I was expecting more interest from Greenville SC though since it's one of the larger cities, not far from Charlotte, and within very close proximity to Spartanburg where training camp is held.  So I guess I assumed if there's little interest in Greenville, there's probably not a whole lot of interest elsewhere in SC.  But again, ignorant of me to make those kinds of assumptions.

• Pie 1