• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Tepper ixnay #keeppounding chant?

RenoCarolina

36 minutes ago, Zod said:

That's actually the most probable explanation.

That ad space isn’t that valuable.

So he axed our only slogan/chant to make an extra $10-15k a game?

Maybe...but I don’t see it.

Personally, this reeks of middle management oversight.

The same screwup that brought us that tunnel intro fiasco.

6 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I admit my experience is really just limited to Charlotte vs. Greenville, so I'll acknowledge that it's ignorant of me to make any broad assertions about NC vs. SC...I didn't intend to do that.  Obviously Charlotte is the epicenter of Panthers' fandom considering the stadium is located there, so it's perhaps a bit unfair to use it as the standard to compare other cities to lol.  I was expecting more interest from Greenville SC though since it's one of the larger cities, not far from Charlotte, and within very close proximity to Spartanburg where training camp is held.  So I guess I assumed if there's little interest in Greenville, there's probably not a whole lot of interest elsewhere in SC.  But again, ignorant of me to make those kinds of assumptions.

No hard feelings

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Completely illogical. 

Incremental revenues wouldn't even amount to lost change under the car seat for him 🤦‍♂️

Completely illogical is thinking that a super analytical businessman who sees his net worth as keeping score in life isn't looking for every dollar he can possibly get. Hence laying off low paid workers during a fuging pandemic.

• Pie 2

lol that NC/SC sh*t is almost non existent in Winston or the triad. Growing up in Winston, we had more “beef” for Greensboro. Winston dudes didn’t really rock with Greensboro or their people, and vice versa.

Now, my mom grew up right on the border in Lumberton. There was a slight rivalry there, but nothing big. 

As for the keep pounding saying, I could understand why Tepper would shy away from it. Theres a lot of immature ppl in this world

Edited by AggieLean