• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule explains deactivating Deonte Brown

Zod

If the coaches think he is in some way worse than the starting option we have, it makes perfect sense for him to be inactive given his lack of versatility.  I don't understand their perspective, unless it has to do with conditioning for a full game or season... But if I grant that is their perspective I understand why he's in inactive.  I also don't watch practice or film of him.

I still think we see him starting before the end of the year.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Just state what you are saying then.

Holy poo man, I have like 10 times now. But I'll do it one more time and this will seriously be the last.

Rhule was asked about why Brown was not on the active gameday roster and his answer was because he's not versatile enough to be a game day backup.

What this means is two fold. They believe he's not ready to start and due to his lack of versatility they don't value having him active as a game day backup. He literally plays one position and hasn't gained any additional experience elsewhere within our offense so if he's not starting then his value as a backup is extremely limited.

Therefore, if they aren't going to start him he's going to remain inactive on game days UNTIL they are comfortable starting him, which they aren't yet.

I have stated more than once that I don't necessarily agree with the fact that he's not yet a starter but I don't disagree with the reasoning that he's inactive if he's not. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Floppin said:

Holy poo man, I have like 10 times now. But I'll do it one more time and this will seriously be the last.

Rhule was asked about why Brown was not on the active gameday roster and his answer was because he's not versatile enough to be a game day backup.

What this means is two fold. They believe he's not ready to start and due to his lack of versatility they don't value having him active as a game day backup. He literally plays one position and hasn't gained any additional experience elsewhere within our offense so if he's not starting then his value as a backup is extremely limited.

Therefore, if they aren't going to start him he's going to remain inactive on game days UNTIL they are comfortable starting him, which they aren't yet.

I have stated more than once that I don't necessarily agree with the fact that he's not yet a starter but I don't disagree with the reasoning that he's inactive if he's not. 

Yeah we got that far. But once again as of right now he is just as good of a right Guard as Daley. Its an idiot move. You know who you have in Daley and that's a leaky hole. The kid has played RG at Alabama he knows the position. The only knock was he had weight problems. This is a Ron Rivera move where you go with the known evil and never give the new guy a chance. We can end it there. Hopefully you can understand it but clearly you haven so far.

Edited by Snake

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah we got that far. But once again as of right now he is just as good of a right Guard as Daley. Its an idiot move. You know who you have in Daley and that's a leaky hole. The kid has played RG at Alabama he knows the position. The only knock was he had weight problems. This is a Ron Rivera move where you go with the known evil and never give the new guy a chance. We can end it there. Hopefully you can understand it but clearly you haven so far.

You're trying to argue with me about something that I agree with which is why I've said that you clearly haven't understood my point and you obviously still haven't.

I've been quit clear that I think that Brown likely should be starting, at no point during this whole thing have I said otherwise.

I have been explaining the debate at hand which is why they had him as inactive, not the debate about why he's not a starter. Those are two separate discussions entirely.

Edited by Floppin
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Floppin said:

You're trying to argue with me about something that I agree with which is why I've said that you clearly haven't understood my point and you obviously still haven't.

I've been quit clear that I think that Brown likely should be starting, at no point during this whole thing have I said otherwise.

I have been explaining the debate at hand which is why they had him as inactive, not the debate about why he's not a starter. Those are two separate discussions entirely.

I mean we can't debate that. Rhule is going to do his thing. Like I said we can leave it at that because its not going to change apparently but I'm not too sure why. Prob cause John Miller is better and he's coming back.

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 1

14 hours ago, Snake said:

How did you manage to sneak into practice and the film room?

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

How are you so blind you can't see how terrible Daley is? He's been blown up every game.

Just saw a clip from the Jets game where Moton was driven right back almost into Darnold. (Darnold got the ball off just before Moton crashed into him)  Daley was fine on that play.

My point, nobody wins every single block.  Just like no receiver never drops a pass and no QB never throws an int.

Now all that said, Daley is not great at RG.  Daley bad at RG =/= Brown better at RG.  Maybe Brown is better, maybe he isn't.  You act like you know.  Like you are in the practices.  You don't know so sit down and shut up.  Be smug later when you guessed right, because that's all you are doing is guessing like you know what you are talking about.

Fans who think they know everything is annoying as shitz.  Which I get is 75% of every football forum.  Still annoying though.