• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elflein limited in practice today.

Zod

1 hour ago, jayflip said:

Hope DaQuan is ready to roll. 

Would like to see:

Erving - Christiansen - Paradis - Brown - Moton

But expect to see:

Erving - 💩- Paradis - Miller - Moton

I’m hoping Daley will fill in @ LG if Elfein can’t go. I think Daley plays more naturally on the left in fact he said so in a recent interview. 

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

I mean, if you suck enough to get released on your rookie 1st round contract, get two franchise fanbases to turn on you, and look like crap in preseason and now week one for your 3rd team in 2.5 years, yeah..you will be disliked.  

Thats all true. But people are not watching him play. Its at the mob part and people are just repeating and out for blood memes now. 

Plus bring up any thread when he was signed and many others, I hated the signing. He held his own with paradis next to him going against Qwilliams and Srichardson.....not easy at all. He was always running towards the second level and one of the main blockers on screen plays. 

I also forgot the times, once a firm label happens, it feels impossible to remove it. If bad player can only have bad games....Im wasting my time. 

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Basbear said:

No chance to change the Elf hate, its reached mob status. 

Hate is a strong word. Panthers fans know what that looks like there aren't any mom's from Tennessee sending in angry letters about Pat Elflein. People want to compete and win. From Bridgewater to this guy what is it with folks and this affinity for cozying up to mediocre? You all know the goal is to compete in the division and eventually a super bowl right? Another Mike Remmers for people to make excuses for isn't what we need.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hate is a strong word. Panthers fans know what that looks like there aren't any mom's from Tennessee sending in angry letters about Pat Elflein. People want to compete and win. From Bridgewater to this guy what is it with folks and this affinity for cozying up to mediocre? You all know the goal is to compete in the division and eventually a super bowl right? Another Mike Remmers for people to make excuses for isn't what we need.

I mean I already knew Elf was bad and thought Jets would focus attacks on him(he was a 2020 jet). I had low expectations and he played decent. I also know its impossible for the team to field 25 1st team all-pros as well, so decent is fine at a few spots.

I just member some huddlers said paradis played better in 2020 than 2019. So there maybe hope for Elf. I will acknowledge what happens regardless of my feelings towards the player. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I mean I already knew Elf was bad and thought Jets would focus attacks on him(he was a 2020 jet). I had low expectations and he played decent. I also know its impossible for the team to field 25 1st team all-pros as well, so decent is fine at a few spots.

I just member some huddlers said paradis played better in 2020 than 2019. So there maybe hope for Elf. I will acknowledge what happens regardless of my feelings towards the player. 

That's fair. Moton is truly the diamond in the rough and even he is going to have some moments saddled with that around him. It's only week one but looking ahead at some upcoming opponents the Texans Cowboys Eagles and even the Vikings who lost a close one to the Bengals doesn't look to be the stretch we perceived it to be in preseason. The agonizing over the oline is just getting started.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Well I'm glad the Huddle has found its scapegoat for the season.

You were see-sawing between Elflein and Erving, but darn if you haven't been decisive in the last week. 

Speaking only for myself here but I'm focusing on Elflein because that is the topic of this thread.  He's not the only problem on the line. I'm looking at you Paradis and Delay. Erving is spared for now but he's on borrowed time.

• Beer 1