• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elflein limited in practice today.

Zod

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Speaking only for myself here but I'm focusing on Elflein because that is the topic of this thread.  He's not the only problem on the line. I'm looking at you Paradis and Delay. Erving is spared for now but he's on borrowed time.

It would be nice to put Daley where he is the most comfortable. The coaching staff seems to think the OL is Madden and you just move people wherever and it works. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Well I'm glad the Huddle has found its scapegoat for the season.

You were see-sawing between Elflein and Erving, but darn if you haven't been decisive in the last week. 

We love to hate on our o-line....call them garbage....represent the players with turds...its a fun fan base.  Its Elflein's turn on the coals.  

Edited by SBBlue

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It would be nice to put Daley where he is the most comfortable. The coaching staff seems to think the OL is Madden and you just move people wherever and it works. 

Woah, that's rich. The COACHING staff thinks it's Madden?

From the fan base that wants to just plug two rookies into the Oline like it's nothing. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

We love to hate on our o-line....call them garbage....represent the players with turds...its a fun fan base.  Its Elflein's turn on the coals.  

Pretty much every fan base hates their OL. This isn’t unique but we are one of a handful that have starters who were glaring weaknesses going into the season so they will be the first ones called out.  OL is the easiest to snap judgement and at the same time, you can’t easily replace them. An ongoing struggle for many an NFL team.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

From the fan base that wants to just plug two rookies into the Oline like it's nothing. 

Yes, because they are above reproach. 

After all, Teddy Bridgewater and Tahir Whitehead worked out so well.

Edited by kungfoodude

I'm making my prediction now.  Brown does not see the field until we are out of contention.

Rhule is showing he's Rivera 2.0.  

I could see if the forum was split on Elflein and it was a matter of opinion.  When we are almost, to the man, in agreement on a particular player we're 99.9 percent correct. 

It's nice to have versatility but hell I can snap a football well and I have great balance and footwork. However, truth be known, I probably shouldn't start at either position.  

I'd rather have him as an emergency center than a starting guard. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, OldhamA said:

KC started 2 rookies on their brand new O-Line.  No leftover starters from 2020.  They seem to be doing OK.

It's not only that they are rookies, it's that they are just as good as what we have on the field but with a far higher celing. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Well I'm glad the Huddle has found its scapegoat for the season.

You were see-sawing between Elflein and Erving, but darn if you haven't been decisive in the last week. 

I wouldn't say that Elflein is the scapegoat for the season. That will surely be Darnold.

However, Elflein is the worst player on the OL and it isn't close. Is he as bad as some of us feared? Not necessarily, but is he still getting drives blown up on multiple snaps? Absolutely.

Erving has been surprisingly decent, but the Panthers are also getting the ball out much faster than most teams (at least that seemed to be the game plan to neutralize the pass rush of the Jets and take advantage of match ups against their young DBs). Elflein was still noticeably losing reps.

16 hours ago, Basbear said:

Thats all true. But people are not watching him play. Its at the mob part and people are just repeating and out for blood memes now. 

Plus bring up any thread when he was signed and many others, I hated the signing. He held his own with paradis next to him going against Qwilliams and Srichardson.....not easy at all. He was always running towards the second level and one of the main blockers on screen plays. 

I also forgot the times, once a firm label happens, it feels impossible to remove it. If bad player can only have bad games....Im wasting my time. 

16 hours ago, Basbear said:

I mean I already knew Elf was bad and thought Jets would focus attacks on him(he was a 2020 jet). I had low expectations and he played decent. I also know its impossible for the team to field 25 1st team all-pros as well, so decent is fine at a few spots.

I just member some huddlers said paradis played better in 2020 than 2019. So there maybe hope for Elf. I will acknowledge what happens regardless of my feelings towards the player. 

@Basbear  you are so right.  I wish I could pie these multiple times.    The very people who say that the o-line is so important and underappreciated are the ones who underappreciate our linemen the most.  Next to the Tinderbox, its the worst thing about this place.

QWilliams had a higher pff than D Brown with 10 more tackles and SIX more sacks last year.  Elflein made him a non factor to a point where Jets fan's were wondering if QWilliams was even playing.  One called it the Pat Elflein Revenge Game.

I'll say it.  Thank you Pat Elflein.  Nicely done. There are some of us here who appreciate o-linemen, even if they aren't on our draft board.

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, OldhamA said:

When you make roster decisions based on "versatility" but the player himself is telling you he feels much more comfortable on the left side then proceeds to play like trash on the right side..  yeah, not a good look.

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

KC started 2 rookies on their brand new O-Line.  No leftover starters from 2020.  They seem to be doing OK.

It's not only that they are rookies, it's that they are just as good as what we have on the field but with a far higher celing. 

I didn't know Trey Smith was starting ALREADY, holy poo, what a brutal decision to pass on him for a LS who didn't even make the team.