• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints at Panthers - What Saints Fans Are Saying

Zod

I mean those are pretty reasonable takes. I'm far less optimistic about chances against the Saints...Jameis looked great and Payton is probably the best coach in the league. They are also talented and established. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a blowout. Hoping for the best, but the Panthers can not play like they did last week with wasted opportunities if they expect to compete in this game 

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 8

4 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Still think Darnold should have been more active in the preseason. A lot of those miscues last week would likely have been worked out of him. The Saints will pressure him, giving him flashbacks of his time in NY. Here's to hoping he and Brady have a plan to get the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible. 

You should notice a pattern of getting the ball out quickly. I have noticed, albeit after only one game, that Teddy and Sam both are releasing the ball within 3-4 seconds. If that continues as the season progresses, then it definitely seems as if this is a product of Joe Brady’s (Sean Payton’s) scheme.

Our division rivals in Carolina and TB have more firepower than any team we’ll see all season....

Panthers are a good young team that believes in its coaches. Dangerous combo. I’m worried about this game...

Carolina defense looks solid. I think Saints D can rattle Darnold, but the away Carolina game always worries me....

They're nervous.

They should be.

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I mean those are pretty reasonable takes. I'm far less optimistic about chances against the Saints...Jameis looked great and Payton is probably the best coach in the league. They are also talented and established. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a blowout. Hoping for the best, but the Panthers can not play like they did last week with wasted opportunities if they expect to compete in this game 

Agree. We need to take the training wheel off and treat Darnold like and adult and see if he can do then job. 
I expect we are going to need to score at least 30 points to win. Cannot do that with constant check downs to CMC. We. Need. Points.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Monrowed said:

You should notice a pattern of getting the ball out quickly. I have noticed, albeit after only one game, that Teddy and Sam both are releasing the ball within 3-4 seconds. If that continues as the season progresses, then it definitely seems as if this is a product of Joe Brady’s (Sean Payton’s) scheme.

But we know their scheme isn't a checkdown offense.   That's not what Payton does and it's now what got Joe Brady the job here.

So to me, that points elsewhere.  Likely, we employed a checkdown and broken QB or....Matt Rhule actually prefers and asks for conservative O because he wants to play to his defense (and that is what every successful Matt Rhule team has done).   

Just now, CRA said:

But we know the scheme isn't a checkdown offense.   That's not what Payton does and it's now what got Joe Brady the job here.

So to me, that points elsewhere.  Likely, we employed a checkdown and broken QB or....Matt Rhule actually prefers and asks for conservative O because he wants to pay to his defense (and that is what every successful Matt Rhule team has done). 

It wasn't by choice it was by necessity.  They are forced to play the short game as long as the opposition gives it to them.  Take what the defense gives you, you know this. 

Until they figure out how to buy more time you will be hard pressed to challenge a defense with much success. Sad but true.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

So to me, that points elsewhere.  Likely, we employed a checkdown and broken QB or....Matt Rhule actually prefers and asks for conservative O because he wants to play to his defense (and that is what every successful Matt Rhule team has done).   

Holy ish! Did they sneak another Rivera in here without us even noticing?!!!

3 hours ago, Monrowed said:

For Teddy it's instinct, although it's also a product of an awful offensive line.

4 hours ago, SOJA said:

Said it elsewhere, but the Panthers team that played the 1st half against the Jets will beat the Saints. The Panthers team that played the 2nd half will not.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1