• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson learned the hard way, now he teaches

14 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Really hope we dont get cute with Djax. If he balls, pay the man. I'm tired of starting over every few years. 

He was getting eat up by Wilson and the Jets. I'm sure he will get better but he's def not balling out.

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

We pay him he won’t ever play a full season

He is going earn that check this year.

Think Norman type of year, Im curious to see his character, Chase the big money or continue something special and give a hometown discount...them type of players win rings...

Edited by CPsinceDay1

17 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

He is going earn that check this year.

Think Norman type of year, Im curious to see his character, Chase the big money or continue something special and give a hometown discount...them type of players win rings...

You must be talking about norman pre 2015?

I like Donte but he is no where near the stage Josh Norman was in his prime, the only all pro season from a CB the panthers have ever had. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

He was getting eat up by Wilson and the Jets. I'm sure he will get better but he's def not balling out.

He didnt get eaten up by Wilson. He had a PBU and contributed to the run game. Corey Davis gets paid too. To give up 50-60 yards and no TDs per game will get you to the probowl or even all pro list. 

Donte gets a lot of flack for his sophmore year, when the whole defense underperformed including Luke and not being a no.1 corner. However, over second half of last year and now has played well.

He is a great no. 2 for a James Bradberry (when he was here) and now Jayce Horn because while those two might lockdown their side of the field, they dont get gamble and get INTs like Donte. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

You must be talking about norman pre 2015?

I like Donte but he is no where near the stage Josh Norman was in his prime, the only all pro season from a CB the panthers have ever had. 

I think he's a mixture of Gamble and Norman with elite speed..this year I can see him becoming a top DB, his tackling improved tremendously, and that was my only fault with him, years past, but I saw him on a couple run stops. He really has grown up before our eyes in my opinion. 

Edited by CPsinceDay1

Jackson is going to want too much, top CB money, you can bank on that. 

And to that I say hell no. I do have faith Fit isn’t going to just let him walk tho, offer reasonable money or trade his ass.

In the past, this team got duped way too much on guys who all of a sudden ‘get it’ when payday rolls around.

Edited by onmyown

2 hours ago, gmonjimbo said:

He didnt get eaten up by Wilson. He had a PBU and contributed to the run game. Corey Davis gets paid too. To give up 50-60 yards and no TDs per game will get you to the probowl or even all pro list. 

Donte gets a lot of flack for his sophmore year, when the whole defense underperformed including Luke and not being a no.1 corner. However, over second half of last year and now has played well.

He is a great no. 2 for a James Bradberry (when he was here) and now Jayce Horn because while those two might lockdown their side of the field, they dont get gamble and get INTs like Donte. 

No getting INTs gets you on the Pro Bowl and all pro list. A pass breakup and tackling after catch is your basic bitch tackle. The Jets feared Horn more than Jackson and pick on him all day. Didn't even test the Rookie but once. 

33 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Jackson is going to want too much, top CB money, you can bank on that. 

And to that I say hell no. I do have faith Fit isn’t going to just let him walk tho, offer reasonable money or trade his ass.

In the past, this team got duped way too much on guys who all of a sudden ‘get it’ when payday rolls around.

Not trashing Jackson he's a good #2 or #3 but you can pick up a CB in the second or third with his skill set. Def not anywhere on the level of Bradberry or Norman.

• Beer 1