• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson learned the hard way, now he teaches

3 hours ago, Snake said:

No getting INTs gets you on the Pro Bowl and all pro list. A pass breakup and tackling after catch is your basic bitch tackle. The Jets feared Horn more than Jackson and pick on him all day. Didn't even test the Rookie but once. 

Donte leads his draft class in turnovers created so …. Idk why so many of y’all don’t see how special he is or can be . Yeah he has flaws but he make picks/plays that’s hard to do . Not to mention legit 4.32 speed  I’m sorry you don’t find those guys everyday in the second and 3rd of the draft 

1 hour ago, OhhhhCam said:

Donte leads his draft class in turnovers created so …. Idk why so many of y’all don’t see how special he is or can be . Yeah he has flaws but he make picks/plays that’s hard to do . Not to mention legit 4.32 speed  I’m sorry you don’t find those guys everyday in the second and 3rd of the draft 

He gets burnt as much as he makes impact plays and his tackling is still subpar. He's OK CB not a bum but he's not even at the level of Horn right now. I can promise you we could draft a guy that's comparible to him. I mean the jets were on their 3rd best WR last week so he was playing rookies and scrubs and they got catches. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

He gets burnt as much as he makes impact plays and his tackling is still subpar. He's OK CB not a bum but he's not even at the level of Horn right now. I can promise you we could draft a guy that's comparible to him. I mean the jets were on their 3rd best WR last week so he was playing rookies and scrubs and they got catches. 

To be fair it looks like he really worked on improving his tackling in the offseason. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

To be fair it looks like he really worked on improving his tackling in the offseason. 

He did but he whiffed on a tackle last game. Tackling is just something you can or cannot do. But if you can't you better be able to cover.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Snake said:

No getting INTs gets you on the Pro Bowl and all pro list. A pass breakup and tackling after catch is your basic bitch tackle. The Jets feared Horn more than Jackson and pick on him all day. Didn't even test the Rookie but once. 

Not true. Nnadmi Asomugha made 3 straight probowls and 2 all-pros with a total of 2 INTs in that span. If picking on a CB is giving up 50 or so yards, what do you call Julio's 300 yard game against Bene, assault? 

9 hours ago, Snake said:

He was getting eat up by Wilson and the Jets. I'm sure he will get better but he's def not balling out.

We had him matched up on a 6'4 former top 10 pick and he didn't get destroyed and made his fair share of plays.

Idk what y'all want. Yeah he was picked on but that's not his fault he had that MU.

Edited by Rags

11 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Not true. Nnadmi Asomugha made 3 straight probowls and 2 all-pros with a total of 2 INTs in that span. If picking on a CB is giving up 50 or so yards, what do you call Julio's 300 yard game against Bene, assault? 

That was a decade ago and that's because no one targeted him. Jackson gets plenty of targets and is no way as good as Asomugha was.

11 minutes ago, Rags said:

We had him matched up on a 6'4 former top 10 pick and he didn't get destroyed and made his fair share of plays.

Idk what y'all want. Yeah he was picked on but that's not his fault he had that MU.

Yet he was their 4th WR... Yes he didn't do bad against 2nd string WR but that's far from pay the man he's a all pro.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Sounds personal you just don’t like his game which is fine i get it  . You see his cons i see his pros . I think they out weigh the cons . And if all these cbs exist why do he lead a lot of  them in turnovers created ?Since he been in the league 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

He did but he whiffed on a tackle last game. Tackling is just something you can or cannot do. But if you can't you better be able to cover.

So did Horn…bad. Once Bouye comes back djax won’t be picked on as much 

11 hours ago, Liminy said:

This is honestly a fantastic article. I really enjoy Donte Jackson, I'm glad he's on our team.

Enjoy him while you can. I'm not 100% certain... but he is a better zone CB than a press man. I think rhule and snow want to run mostly press, and I think another team that runs zone may pay him more than we will match. We will see.

Edited by Ace420

17 hours ago, Snake said:

Not trashing Jackson he's a good #2 or #3 but you can pick up a CB in the second or third with his skill set. Def not anywhere on the level of Bradberry or Norman.

Yea hes not the #1 and he hasn't ever been like Gamble, Bradberry, or Norman. The whole Bradberry thing still especially amuses me that  our derpasses thought he wasn't good.

But it does prove what everyone was saying about him not listening and just doing whatever he wanted...I honestly don't get that at all. I hope its true and that he has turned it around but even just coming into the league that way is baffling.

• Beer 1