• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Graham Gano has now made 34 straight field goals

TN05

19 minutes ago, jayflip said:

Y’all hated his ass when he was here don’t rewrite huddle history to fit your whiny ass narrative. 

No, if I'm being 100% honest...  And anyone can search it to verify it - I was one of the first and very few, if not only, people on here to vouch for Gano while Mare was here.  I was also adamant I did not want Mare when we signed him...  I followed and watched Gano since college and quite a bit with WSH, so I wanted us to go get him when he was available.  And I loved him those first few years...  but, he did the struggle the last year or so, and he had become inconsistent enough that I felt we should move on.  He missed a enough clutch kicks that he didn't feel reliable anymore, and that season opener miss against Denver is 16 was the beginning of the end.  It felt like time to move on.  Slye looked like a young kicker with huge potential and an even bigger leg than Gano, so I was fine moving on.  He just seemed broken.

And he honestly had never been as consistent as he has been now with NY.  No one could've predicted this.  He was great at one point for us, but not like this.  This is Vinatieri level good.

It sucks.  Kicker is a fickle position.  I mentioned Mare, and funny enough, he was considered one of the league's best when he was with the Dolphins...  by the time he got to us, he was absolutely horrible.  Gano was struggling here, now he's amazing.  Slye was struggling here, then goes out and makes every kick in his debut with the Texans.  John Kasay was a 78% kicker with Seattle before we got him our inaugural season, and he ended up being a career 82% kicker with us.  Kickers are hard to figure out...  and the thing is, if we had just made the move to Butker, none of this would be an issue, no matter how Gano has done since.  We just made every wrong move we could make at the position.

• Beer 1