• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Graham Gano has now made 34 straight field goals

TN05

10 hours ago, jayflip said:

Y’all hated his ass when he was here don’t rewrite huddle history to fit your whiny ass narrative. 

He was grossly overpaid here. He also cost us a few games with missed kicks. Hurney and rivera poo the bed when they put butker on practice squad when he was the equal to better kicker at a cheaper price. That's where we dropped the ball. 

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, 54th man said:

He was grossly overpaid here. He also cost us a few games with missed kicks. Hurney and rivera poo the bed when they put butker on practice squad when he was the equal to better kicker at a cheaper price. That's where we dropped the ball. 

And while unpredictable, wasn't Gano injured shortly after? Butker decision would have been the right call in hindsight.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Bro you just said Gano was NOT clutch for the Panthers that’s just a flat out wrong statement 

Gano was having yip issues towards the end then he got injured and missed an entire season. Everyone was talking about it. Missed extra points and clutch field goals. The last clutch kick I can remember was the 63 yarder against the giants. That was crazy. I’ve never said Gano was horrible or better than Slye. What I was responding to was OP saying he’s made 35 kicks or whatever straight in New York and i didn’t think he would’ve replicated that here. Kicking is a weird mental space. Most kickers need change of scenery when they start getting yips or are injured for an entire year and have a big contract. I get why we moved on. The problem is we haven’t been able to replace the kicker position with someone who is at least decent.

so no I’m not talking about the 3 clutch kicks Graham made in his career here. He had issues here and some of y’all are acting like he was perfect and showing his 35 straight kicks in New York as some sort of justification. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Was he?

He was and he was dealing with a nasty injury at the time. The Panthers haven't had luck with cheap kickers so far but it isn't always a given that signing a more expensive vet will yield you instant profit anyway. Enter Olindo Mare.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

He was and he was dealing with a nasty injury at the time.

Is CMC overpaid because he only played 3 games last year?

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

The Panthers haven't had luck with cheap kickers so far...

There's a reason the highest paid kickers are the highest paid kickers.

• Pie 1

Gano was bad. He’s done better than what we’ve replaced him with but I’m still glad we cut him. He can be consistent on routine kicks but more times than not he choked when it mattered.  I’d rather be looking for a better kicker than settling on an ok kicker. Better in the long term. I’m thinking we’re just going to have to draft one next year. 

14 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He can be consistent on routine kicks but more times than not he choked when it mattered.

In his last 18 games he's 36-for-37 (97.3%) including 6-for-7 from 50yds+.

In his last 46 games he's 79-for-83 (95.2%) including 10-for-13 from 50yds+.

In his last 46 games he's 69-for-70 (98.6%) from inside 50yds.

That one miss was in 2018 and was on a kick from somewhere between 30-39yds -- do you remember it?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

In his last 18 games he's 36-for-37 (97.3%) including 6-for-7 from 50yds+.

In his last 46 games he's 79-for-83 (95.2%) including 10-for-13 from 50yds+.

In his last 46 games he's 69-for-70 (98.6%) from inside 50yds.

That one miss was in 2018 and was on a kick from somewhere between 30-39yds -- do you remember it?

If you're including his final games here you should note he was purposely held off the field on long kicks bc Rivera lost trust in him on anything near 50 yards or more.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1