• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Graham Gano has now made 34 straight field goals

TN05

On 9/17/2021 at 6:19 AM, Car123 said:

Getting rid of Joey Slye was a bad idea as well.

Letting Butker go and keeping Gano only to replace him with Slye was moronic.  Why waste a pick, even a 7th rounder if you weren't going to give him a legitimate chance.     

We let a big leg go so we could keep an accurate kicker only to replace him with a big leg only to replace him with an Accurate (not so Accurate) kicker and replace him with a questionable kicker.

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Who is you favorite Panthers kicker?

Kasay, but the data bears out that he sucked in the clutch too. And he did have the worst day for a kicker I've ever seen in the first Panthers game I attended live. We lost to the Eagles that day by 9 and Kasay left 10 on the field missing three FGs and an XP. We did go to the SB though... where as we all know he proceeded to miss the entire field.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kasay, but the data bears out that he sucked in the clutch too.

The data does suggest Kasay was worse than Gano in that one simple exercise undertaken by Football Outsiders...

...that said, the data-set is laughable and the exercise has holes in it large enough to drive a Mack truck through.

15 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The data does suggest Kasay was worse than Gano in that one simple exercise undertaken by Football Outsiders...

...that said, the data-set is laughable and the exercise has holes in it large enough to drive a Mack truck through.

It operates off of an arbitrary definition of a fairly vague term but you have to have firm definitions to create a data set. I don't have an issue with it. I suspect your issue with it is that it shoots big holes in your preconceived ideas.