• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heinicke

NAS

29 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

You would think it would happen by now. I mean most back up QBs look good til there is tape on them and their flaws are exposed, like Kyle Allen. 
But Heinicke keeps playing well. Who knows maybe the Washington QB coach unlocked his potential. 

He’s played only 3 games from what I recall. Let’s pump the brakes a bit

37 minutes ago, NAS said:

He’s played only 3 games from what I recall. Let’s pump the brakes a bit

for your first 3 NFL starts (including a postseason game vs the SB champs).....he has shown a lot of promise.  

I don't think anyone is calling him the next Joe Montana.  But yeah, what he is doing is what you are suppose to get excited about.  Take a look around here, people get more excited about guys who have given us less to be pumped about it. 

would you rather have our current backup QB or Heinicke? 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I could see a scenario where he is considered a top flight backup QB. One of those guys you can trust to keep the ship from taking on water if your starting QB goes down for a few games.

Seems like the Panthers have been a "hindsight" team for a few years now but it would have been nice to keep him around as a backup. 

Man its been quite awhile now that our good players go to other teams and "all the sudden" play well or are great backups...Hurney is literally the worst anything that ever anythinged in the NFL but our HCs keep starting or otherwise keeping worse players and it doesn't seem to matter who the HC is

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

for your first 3 NFL starts (including a postseason game vs the SB champs).....he has shown a lot of promise.  

I don't think anyone is calling him the next Joe Montana.  But yeah, what he is doing is what you are suppose to get excited about.  Take a look around here, people get more excited about guys who have given us less to be pumped about it. 

would you rather have our current backup QB or Heinicke? 

You mean the same people who have Training camp WRs in the HoF aren't up on someone who has actually done something! hold the got damn phone

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I would rather have Darnold than either of the QBs on the field last night.

I would as well but as a backup I'd rather have Kyle Allen or Heinicke then either PJ or Grier(when he was here). Hindsight 20/20 and everything....I suppose Heinicke didn't show a ton when he was with us in limited action either. 

• Pie 2