• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heinicke

NAS

3 hours ago, CRA said:

for your first 3 NFL starts (including a postseason game vs the SB champs).....he has shown a lot of promise.  

I don't think anyone is calling him the next Joe Montana.  But yeah, what he is doing is what you are suppose to get excited about.  Take a look around here, people get more excited about guys who have given us less to be pumped about it. 

would you rather have our current backup QB or Heinicke? 

No doubt he is a quality backup but ironically he will be more like Fitzpatrick, a great backup but not a franchise QB

Yeah you could see the flashes of arm talent/anticipation when he was here, but I immediately wrote him off after he broke his elbow in half trying to brace himself falling on a routine tackle.  He was just too small and frail.  But, I'm not gonna lie, he looks DIFFERENT now.  When I watched him in the playoff game against Tampa last season, he looked better, then last night, he was was even better than that.  They said he added 10 lbs in the offseason, so he is much more sturdy, and he just looks the part now.

NGL, he reminds me a bit of Jake, maybe slightly more mobile, and their career arcs are lining up pretty similarly to this point. 

I'm pulling for him.  Was hoping WSH would still being in Cam, but I doubt it after last night.

• Pie 5

10 minutes ago, joemac said:

So Taylor has what, 4 career starts, and 3 of them hes gone over 300 yards passing with multiple TDs?  Thats a very good start to a career.  He's got that "It" factor that everybody is looking for.  I like his game a lot. 

The downside is I think he has as many injuries as he has starts.

1 minute ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

NFL karma is a b*tch! Didn't Kyle Allen beat out Taylor for our back up QB and got the start when Cam went down with the shoulder injury? Now Kyle Allen is backing Taylor in Washington. 

I mean actually Heinicke won it to begin with and only lasted one game... but who needs facts.

I always thought he had potential and he has played well every game in Washington. I’ve always said that there are probably plenty of qbs that would do great if they were given a chance to start. Just think of how many good players never get to start because of politics, experience or having a good player starting over them. Just think of all the back ups that did nothing then became stars on another team. Now just think of how many players never were given an opportunity and never show their skills. I mean this guy only is playing due to multiple injuries.