• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Cowherd picks the Panthers straight up

NAS

1 minute ago, 1usctrojan said:

Take his opinions with a huge Boulder of salt.

His takes and opinions are most often garbage. He does it for the entertainment value and views but if you want to know how he truly feels about football you listen to his bets. He will poo on Baker Mayfield all day but when the line comes out, he takes the Browns.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, PFChangz said:

His takes and opinions are most often garbage. He does it for the entertainment value and views but if you want to know how he truly feels about football you listen to his bets. He will poo on Baker Mayfield all day but when the line comes out, he takes the Browns.

I watched his show last night because Carson Palmer was on.  He (Colin) was talking about how the Browns were primed to win now, and all the talent they have.  He thinks - as he has stated ad nauseam, that Baker is holding them back.  

Liking the team, and disliking their QB, are two separate issues.

3 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

I watched his show last night because Carson Palmer was on.  He (Colin) was talking about how the Browns were primed to win now, and all the talent they have.  He thinks - as he has stated ad nauseam, that Baker is holding them back.  

Starting to think Baker fked his wife or something. He has no reason to hate Baker as much as he does. Lol.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

That's my point. Like I said his takes can be very hit or miss, but as a sports better Cowherd does pretty well because he doesn't account for his hottest of takes.

You originally said to take his opinions with a grain of salt and what I'm saying is that his Blazing 5 is not the same as his opinions and talking points each week. Most posters on this site and around the internet always go 'herp derp cowherd is garbage' and while I agree with most of it, his bets are not to be taken with a grain of salt.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

He is right.

If we do straight up beat the Saints tomorrow the narrative around this team is going to change QUICKLY.  They are all going to be on our dicks so hard it'll make your head spin.  Monday morning it'll all be "Ohhhh, the Panthers are a team to watch this year in the NFC" "They're Certified Frisky" and poo like that....when 2 weeks before they all had us as one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL, and our QB as the worst starting QB on the planet.  Its hilarious to me how quickly they change their opinions. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

28 minutes ago, PFChangz said:

Thats pretty crazy...Mayfield is a great QB.  He looked pretty awesome against KC last week.  He was going throw for throw with Mahomes all day.  That one INT at the end was his only really bad throw of the game.  I think he was trying to throw it away but the defender got his leg and he didnt have enough force behind the throw. 

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Of course he likes us now. Our QB is…..not Cam…

Interesting, he also really really likes Lamar and says people talking smack are full of poo, sticks up for him quite a bit, more than I personally would  He also loves Murray, Mahomes and Watson.

In fact Jackson, Mahomes, and Watson are in his top 5 QBs. (Side note Darnold is in his top 10, I find that bold).

Stop reading into what you want to an perpetuate inaccurate bullshit, it’s part of the problem. 

And this is coming from someone who despises Cowherd. When he starts blabbing I want to just throw something large and heavy at his face.

• Pie 2

I've been watching/listening to Colin for over 10 years and yeah his takes are often garbage/wrong/terrible. Like when he thought Chiefs would crush the Bucs in the Super Bowl and Suns would crush the Bucks in NBA Finals. 

His knowledge of sports is pretty much non-existent. I remember when he was asked who he was taking in the Super Bowl and he said he liked the Colts cause Saints play in a domed stadium and Colts played in Miami (site of SB). What he didn't know was Colts also play in a domed stadium and Saints also played in Miami that season. Of course Saints crushed the Colts. He also recently claimed Steve Kerr punched out Michael Jordan when the entire world knows it was the other way around. He's a clueless dope. 

Btw, he went 40-41-2 last NFL season and 2-5-1 in playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Interesting, he also really really likes Lamar and says people talking smack are full of poo, sticks up for him quite a bit, more than I personally would  He also loves Murray, Mahomes and Watson.

In fact Jackson, Mahomes, and Watson are in his top 5 QBs. (Side note Darnold is in his top 10, I find that bold).

Stop reading into what you want to an perpetuate inaccurate bullshit, it’s part of the problem. 

And this is coming from someone who despises Cowherd. When he starts blabbing I want to just throw something large and heavy at his face.

Where is this list that has Sam in the Top 10?!?!  Thats a bold gambit by Cowherd.  Hes gotta be the only person on the planet who currently ranks Sam Darnold in the Top 10.  Although he may be ahead of the curve because I honestly think that it is possible this year for him to make that kind of a jump.  He showed arm talent as good or better than just about any QB we've had in a long time around here.  He reminds me a lot of Jake actually...

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, PFChangz said:

That's my point. Like I said his takes can be very hit or miss, but as a sports better Cowherd does pretty well because he doesn't account for his hottest of takes.

You originally said to take his opinions with a grain of salt and what I'm saying is that his Blazing 5 is not the same as his opinions and talking points each week. Most posters on this site and around the internet always go 'herp derp cowherd is garbage' and while I agree with most of it, his bets are not to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don’t bet, so I defer to you.  Suppose he likes the Browns, in spite of Mayfield.