• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This will take time....

musicman

After one game (and a win at that) I'm not ready to give up on this season. Not sure why anyone would and start looking down the road at being competitive next year.

This might be the perfect time for our team. We're young and vastly underestimated. And, for right now, we're healthy across the board. Great run game, high potential in the passing game, defense looks promising and we've got a coach that needs to prove something. That can be a recipe for success.

Let's play this season out and see what happens. It's a longer year than ever before in the NFL and we could find our young team still has legs as the season nears its end and we face our toughest opponents. No one expected our other two Super Bowl runs, so why not hold out a bit of hope this year?

We've got who we've got. And honestly, who we have is a pretty darned good bunch of guys. If the ball falls the right way, that's what you need to win. Win big even. Maybe.

• Pie 4

they have had PLENTY of time to build an oline.

people are worried they’re not capable of doing so, and it’s valid.

you won’t be legitimate or go deep in the playoffs without one. it happened a few times in 25 years. And those instance consisted of Peyton Manning, Mahomes (kind of) and Eli Manning going super sayan on the NFL.

personally I’d rather not bet on finding the next Peyton Manning or Mahomes and/or defying NFL history.

Edited by onmyown
  • Poo 1

I look at this season as a tale of two halves.  We have a favorable schedule to do it.

If we can play well and have a winning record in the first half our team has a chance. 

Our defense will be tighter and really be fun to watch.  Hopefully we find the answers on the offensive line and our offense will click.  Though the 2nd half is a much more brutal schedule our team, if gelling, will compete.

Just now, Ace420 said:

I don't know why people poo on Rivera. He is a good coach. He already has his new team in the playoffs too with journeymen QBs. 

I hated firing Rivera, but I do think he had gotten a little complacent. Anyway I was glad we got rhulr because I think he can build something here. I still think he can do it. I like the defense and I think we will have an oline to go with our high powered offense next year. 

He does need to show a little improvement each year in the win column. 

I wonder why it seems like everyone is attacking rhule today? You would think we lost last week or something.

I dont think anyone is attacking him it's simply a matter of perspective and basic expectations. The word rebuild is a crutch in some ways. We have one of the best offensive weapons in the league a qb with a strong arm and mobility a young defense with many promising pieces in place and a staff that is supposed to be up to the task. If we take care of business against New Orleans you will see more positive takes. Make no mistake that is the first step though. We need to get that off our backs.

• Pie 1

This Rivera slander will not stand! He was the best coach we’ve ever had. 2 time NFL Coach of the Year here. Almost no Head Coach stays in one place longer than 10 years. It gets stale. Rivera is an awesome coach though, I don’t think anybody can dispute that. I think Rhule also has the potential to be a great coach. He’s getting there. This is a really good, young team and the future is extremely bright. 

2 hours ago, Ace420 said:

I don't know why people poo on Rivera. He is a good coach. He already has his new team in the playoffs too with journeymen QBs. 

For one season, with a losing record and in the worst division in football.

The notion that this is something to brag about is kinda silly.

I'm seeing this team like the Browns and the Bills. Sure, they look quite competitive today but it took them at least three years to finally see results. Moreso, I would argue that we're not even at year 2 just yet because COVID made everything much more difficult and different than any other year. Yes, we still have pieces missing (Uglies, QB if Darnold flames out) but the defense has tons of potential already and the best part is that's it's a lot of young talent. If nothing else, this is not 2010. There are things to look forward to.

On 9/18/2021 at 6:20 AM, Shotgun said:

We have a generational talent at RB that is in his prime. We need to win soon or we will just have to start another rebuild 3 or 4 years from now.  

Gosh, will there be no good running backs by the end of CMC's rule? Are they ALL GONNA DIE????