• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule to USC? WTF?

Zod

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wanting a new coach after one season isn't a sign of great football intelligence.

Way too many fans have a lottery ticket mentality when it comes to coaches (players too, especially quarterbacks). Specifically, if the one you've got isn't an "instant win" you need to buy a new one.

The reality is sometimes it takes time to build a winner.

Sorry. Didn’t want him when they hired him

i wanted a coach with nfl experience   Still do

it is, what it is.  He is here and as he is here, I support him. 

I want him to win.   I want him to win this weekend desperately . I want him to win every game.  

Again I will support him while he is here.  That said, If he left, I wouldn’t  cry.   Excuses end next year if he is still he 

Edited by raleigh-panther

17 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

That said, If he left, I wouldn’t  cry.   

I'm not completely sold on Rhule ultimately working out, but if he bounced for USC it would be a really, REALLY bad sign. Like five alarm fire bad sign. He got everything he wanted here. NFL HC job. Final say on virtually all things football related. If he ran out on that knowing the chances of getting it right out of the gate again in the future would be slim to none, then IMO there's something about Tepper that ran him off despite being given everything he wanted or at least it appearing that way from the outside looking in.

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not completely sold on Rhule ultimately working out, but if he bounced for USC it would be a really, REALLY bad sign. Like five alarm fire bad sign. He got everything he wanted here. NFL HC job. Final say on virtually all things football related. If he ran out on that knowing the chances of getting it right out of the gate again in the future would be slim to none, then IMO there's something about Tepper that ran him off despite being given everything he wanted or at least it appearing that way from the outside looking in.

Tepper knows how to pick his investments. Tepper invested in him. I don’t see any chance in hell of Rhule mid season. He’s not that kinda guy, he’s a process guy and going to a college team mid stream just makes absolutely no sense. Plus what would USC offer him? It’s not like they gutted their athletics director too. 80-100 million? That’s Nick Saban levels. 

2 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Lol. Sit down somewhere Chad.

check my rep- I’ve ran this board longer than mouth breathers like yourself have chummed it up so pipe down with the flex from mommy’s basement.

Respect your elders, chode

Hubby is back doing his annoying shtick.. So is big cat. This place has fallen off bad

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Tepper knows how to pick his investments. Tepper invested in him. I don’t see any chance in hell of Rhule mid season. He’s not that kinda guy, he’s a process guy and going to a college team mid stream just makes absolutely no sense. Plus what would USC offer him? It’s not like they gutted their athletics director too. 80-100 million? That’s Nick Saban levels. 

He knows how to pick investments. It's TBD whether or not he can run an effective football organization. Moving money around to make more money is a lot different than running a football organization.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Speaking of USC... WTF???

Maybe don't put all the linemen in the back next time.

The ground didn’t put the tail block in properly. I’m sure with all the big guys and gear in the back the thing upended halfway through unloading. They said the ground crew quickly fixed it. 

• Pie 1