• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can someone explain how this can be a thing?

1of10Charnatives

I will admit that I am not a math genius, but ESPN on the Panther's page currently claims that scoring 19 points, puts them 23rd in the league in points scored, directly implying most teams scored more than 19 points in week one, while at the same time claiming 14 points allowed ranks them 27th, directly implying most teams held their opponents to fewer than 14 points last week....

Correct me if I'm wrong but the rest of the NFL can't simultaneously be averaging more than 19 points scored and fewer than 14 points scored.

What am I missing or is the page just wrong?

• Poo 1

Basically, it's like the power rankings. Some dude works up the list and turns it into his editor. The editor then goes, "You're missing a couple of teams. Isn't there one called the Panthers? Put that one in somewhere."

The dude goes back and slaps us somewhere into the bottom third of the list with the other forgotten ones and the two really bad teams.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, glitchh8 said:

ESPN has clearly been anti Panthers for several years now, for basically political reasons, or perhaps more accurately, moral reasons.

I agree that ESPN is anti Panthers, but I think the reason has little to do with politics or morality. ESPN like most media companies when covering sports, treats any smaller media market team without a big media star like dog poo.

I am so sick of ESPN sucking the dick of the NFC East with wall to wall coverage of their team's practice squads when the entire division has basically been garbage for over a decade, meanwhile if we're not sporting the likes of a Cam Newton, the Panthers get David Newton attempting to do whatever it is that he does every so often, but not so you'd really notice.

If you ever really wanna know which teams ESPN gives fug all about, just watch the draft and take note of which teams are drafting when they go to commercial.  Those are the teams they don't care about, one of which is almost always us.