• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

top-10 defense?

AU-panther

During the offseason I said that I though there was a chance we could be a top 10 defense in points allowed per game.  At the time some people thought that was a ridiculous statement.  Between the fact we were middle of the pack last year, several young players going into their 2nd year, and an easy schedule I thought it was possible.

I'm sure there will be games we give up 30+ points, but when the season is all over, who feels we have a chance of being a top-10 defense?  Are these first 2 games going to be outliers or can we expect the trend to continue?

• Pie 4

56 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

During the offseason I said that I though there was a chance we could be a top 10 defense in points allowed per game.  At the time some people thought that was a ridiculous statement.  Between the fact we were middle of the pack last year, several young players going into their 2nd year, and an easy schedule I thought it was possible.

I'm sure there will be games we give up 30+ points, but when the season is all over, who feels we have a chance of being a top-10 defense?  Are these first 2 games going to be outliers or can we expect the trend to continue?

Top 10 seems more and more likely, top 5 is not out of the realm of possibility.  I CANNOT wait to play the bucs.  

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 4

Question is if our defense is this good or they just played crappy teams with qbs that turned the ball over? Wilson played worse this week. Winston is known for being a turnover machine and Kamara wasn’t used as much as he normally is because they played from behind. With Taylor out our defense could be ranked #1. Personally I think our defense is a lot better than last year but I just am afraid to say how good until we play a good team with a good QB. Jackson and Shaq Thompson look like they are finally the players we hoped they would be. Jackson has really improved, he’s making a lot of big plays and being a leader. Our defensive line is also looking good. Horn might end up being a great CB and we get Bouye back.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

This is a Top 5 defense probably #1 at the end of the season.

At the end of all of week 2 games, we will probably lead the league in sacks and have the #1 rush defense.

Calling it now, this might be the greatest defensive season for a Panthers team ever. 

Will be tough to beat 2013 but yeah extremely excited for the D this year.

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

Will be tough to beat 2013 but yeah extremely excited for the D this year.

2013 was tough with Luke, and Johnson and Hardy terrorizing offenses, but I think Burns and Reddick may be a even more potent due coming off the edges. 

No one's Luke, but I think this squad's secondary is much more talented than the 2013 team. 

Edited by Pantherxtreme
  • Pie 1