• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Jets

onmyown

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea but with the better defenses what I'm most worried about is our OL not Darnold. He's clearly shown he can play when he has time and even has a quick release. When we get a line this team is going to be utterly redicurous (misspelled don purpose)

Aints and Jets both have decent pass rushes, even with their injuries. Our OL has held up pretty well for the most part.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

We literally have a QB playing out of his mind and frankly he carried the offense today (we averaged just under 3 yards per carry rushing).

On an offense with stars like DJ, Robbie and CMC... playing against Saints backup CBs...

You think Sam carried the offense? He played well enough to get the win, but lets not get delusional here. 

1 minute ago, Kuhndog94 said:

On an offense with stars like DJ, Robbie and CMC... playing against Saints backup CBs...

You think Sam carried the offense? He played well enough to get the win, but lets not get delusional here. 

QB has to deliver the ball. It's not like they were plucking balls out of the air that they had no business catching all day. So yes, the QB gets the credit. They always get more of their share of both the credit and the blame.

You are right, we do have a lot of talent around him, but it means nothing if your QB is checking down instead of going for the deeper open man. That first TD would not have been thrown with Teddy. Zero shot he waits on that late crosser, he instead hits the open arrow route three steps into the boot. That's what I mean.

As much YAC as we're getting this season compared to past years, you don't think SOME of the credit there goes to Sam? At least a little?

• Pie 4

25 minutes ago, t96 said:

Aints and Jets both have decent pass rushes, even with their injuries. Our OL has held up pretty well for the most part.

Yea better than we thought they may but alot of that is to do with the quick release as well. When we try to do a deep drop back its almost always a sack or pressure in his face. Its just what we have to do for now.

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Remember how well Kyle Allen played his first few games? He broke all those record then sucked. There’s been players to have one great season then suck the rest of their careers. Careful Darnold has played well but it’s only 2 games. He is still very young so he has a lot of time to get better.

Remember that in order to get over trauma you have to separate the past from the present.

28 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Darnold took charge on that first series and drove us down for a score. Then the defense shut them down. Sam moved us steadily all day enough to have a huge time advantage instead of going 3 and out like the Saints did all day. Darnold doesn't need to be a superstar. He just needs to help us get 1 point than the defense gives up. So far so good. Sam did carry the offense distributing the ball to his playmaker.  Qhy can't we citrate his successes given everyone is going to amplify his mistakes and errors as they happen.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, lightsout said:

QB has to deliver the ball. It's not like they were plucking balls out of the air that they had no business catching all day. So yes, the QB gets the credit. They always get more of their share of both the credit and the blame.

You are right, we do have a lot of talent around him, but it means nothing if your QB is checking down instead of going for the deeper open man. That first TD would not have been thrown with Teddy. Zero shot he waits on that late crosser, he instead hits the open arrow route three steps into the boot. That's what I mean.

As much YAC as we're getting this season compared to past years, you don't think SOME of the credit there goes to Sam? At least a little?

He is a clear upgrade from Teddy. You'll get no argument from me there. But that's not really saying much. I would expect him to make those throws because he is an NFL QB. He has no reason to play poorly because he has a ton of talent around him. The oline gave him time today for the most part. There were a few pressured throws there towards the end. 

Credit to Sam for getting them the ball. But I wouldn't say he carried this offense by any means today. I would say any average QB should be able to produce with this talent. He made some boneheaded plays that a better defense would've taken advantage of. He threaded the needle a lot today and other times he was lucky the ball wasn't picked. 

The pros are he performed well most of the game and he spread the ball around. That is already a major improvement over Teddy. He did enough for us to win and he didn't cause us to lose. Whereas Teddy did enough to not cause us to lose but did nothing to help us win. 

That being said, it looked like a solid team effort on offense today. I wouldn't say he put anyone on his back and carried them. 

• Pie 1