• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TEXANS NEWS - Tyrod Taylor OUT Thursday vs Panthers. Davis Mills to start at QB

Zod

Yeah, backup QB generally means less quality, but also less (if any) film to study and a lot of "Cajun Jake" type excitement on his part.  I'm optimistic and glad we get a backup, but between that and the flukiness of Thursday night football, I'm not ready to count any chickens just yet.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm going to guess they went to Watson to ask if he was willing to play, and in response he gave them a very clear "no".

At this point I don't think it matters whether he wants to play or not.  If he wanted to and the Texans agreed to let him start the commissioner steps in and puts him on the list.

Watson will not play another down until his dirty laundry is washed.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm going to guess they went to Watson to ask if he was willing to play, and in response he gave them a very clear "no".

I'm pretty sure the Texans don't want him to play either.

And I think both sides also know what would happen if they planned on starting him Thursday.  There is literally no chance in hell the NFL would let it happen.  It would be a PR nightmare.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

and a lot of that has been because of Tyrod Taylor.   If Taylor was playing, they might of given us our best challenge to date.   

yeah with him I'd still be comfortable with at least a close win, but he's been great and would've made it likely competitive. with the scrub rookie against our D I really just cannot imagine us losing this game. But I've seen crazier things in my life so taking nothing for granted.

3 hours ago, travisura said:

I've been a Panthers fan for too long to start licking my chops at the idea of a backup starting against us. That game vs. the Cowboys when Tony Romo started for the first time and lit us up still lingers in the memory.

I think we paid him back for that one by virtually ending his career albeit it was near the end, actually I think we did end it.

From NFL.com:

Texans QB Tyrod Taylor likely to miss multiple weeks, might land on

The Houston Texans have looked like a different team than advertised with Tyrod Taylor on the field this season. They'll now be without him for a while.

The veteran quarterback will likely miss multiple weeks of action because of his hamstring injury and could land on injured reserve, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

Taylor's absence thrusts third-round rookie Davis Mills into the starting lineup for the immediate future.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.