• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Sam needs preseason reps, this coaching staff is clueless."

Rags

1 minute ago, Mother Grabber said:

does Darnold get credit for the low snap that he picked up off the ground and rolled out to try to make a play? 

He played great. I’m not really worried about the pick. He was getting hit in the back while trying to toss a quick pass to a wide open Hubbard. Getting hit in the back messed up his release and someone else tipped the ball. Should he had just taken the sack? Sure, but he had no clue he was about to get hit in the back before he decided to toss it.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Who were the Saints missing on offense? Our defense had their way with them. Honestly could have been a shut out aside from that TO that led to the short field TD…

I know they were missing their center which would have some effect, but most of the pressure was not from the interior.

That's fine.  Let the saints believe their missing players were the reason.  No need to adjust, Saints.  Just stay the course.

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Darnold looks better than I expected him to and I admit that. But to be fair he’s been backed by 2 dominant defensive performances so I’m not crowning him the franchise savior yet either. We haven’t seen him in a game where he has to play from behind or make a game winning drive so there’s a lot still to see.

Exactly. We have a game manager who keep the chains moving. Exactly what you can win games with if you don't have to score 30 points to win. The defense is always so important to the offense. I remember when Brees used to put up huge numbers and they went 7-9 until they got a defense. I hope Darnold can come back and win if we need it. I like even better when we lead from start to finish like we have so far. I am on the Darnold train. I sure hope it is a great ride. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Exactly. We have a game manager who keep the chains moving. Exactly what you can win games with if you don't have to score 30 points to win. The defense is always so important to the offense. I remember when Brees used to put up huge numbers and they went 7-9 until they got a defense. I hope Darnold can come back and win if we need it. I like even better when we lead from start to finish like we have so far. I am on the Darnold train. I sure hope it is a great ride. 

In theory he should only get better the more he plays in this offense. He made some nice throws on 3rd down to seal the game. I might be more concerned with Brady and our offensive line coming back from behind than Darnold…

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

In theory he should only get better the more he plays in this offense. He made some nice throws on 3rd down to seal the game. I might be more concerned with Brady and our offensive line coming back from behind than Darnold…

To me Darnold is a battler. He is tough and keeps trying to make plays. I have been impressed. He has to be really happy at 2-0 with this defense. He has never had this kind of team to play on. He must be thanking his stars he got traded from the Jets.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's the truth. A win is a win and I'll take it, especially a divisional win. But I'm not gonna strut around and act like the Saints weren't seriously hampered today. 

The Panthers played an NFL team and had an absolutely convincingly dominating win. How long has it been since we can say that? Let us be happy please.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Who were the Saints missing on offense? Our defense had their way with them. Honestly could have been a shut out aside from that TO that led to the short field TD…

Apparently Erik McCoy is the difference between putting up 38 points against the Packers versus only having 128 yards total and a measly 7 points after getting the ball in the redzone on a turnover. Someone give that man a $50 million per year contract.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1