• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Sam needs preseason reps, this coaching staff is clueless."

Rags

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He is far from the real deal yet, but he made some nice 3rd down throws to seal the deal towards the end there. We haven’t even seen him play on the road yet.  

Yeah, and he hasn't played in London yet, either, so you can also hold that against him.

If he were the real deal, he's have probably won both of his games, had a 3-1 TD/INT ratio, and completed over 68% of his passes.

When he starts playing like THAT, he might be the real deal.  Call me if THAT ever happens!🤣

3 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

The Panthers played an NFL team and had an absolutely convincingly dominating win. How long has it been since we can say that? Let us be happy please.

Oh, WE can be happy -- and WE are.  It's just the Negative Nancies, like the guy from up in the Gorge, who won't admit the Panthers are for real, because it goes against all the Darnold's used merchandise/ Rhule's on the hot seat agenda.

I pity people who post on a fan board, and won't allow themselves to enjoy a big -- and dominating, at that -- victory.  Sad existence.  Life can be short -- why not enjoy it when it's sunny out?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

54 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

handling teams worse, or worse off

Let's keep in mind that the line didn't change but a 1/2 point in Vegas.  The Saints were still favored to win, despite their injury list.

It was an UPSET, folks, not us picking on the poor victimized Saints.  It counts.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Yeah, and he hasn't played in London yet, either, so you can also hold that against him.

If he were the real deal, he's have probably won both of his games, had a 3-1 TD/INT ratio, and completed over 68% of his passes.

When he starts playing like THAT, he might be the real deal.  Call me if THAT ever happens!🤣

He has played great. Teddy did at first and Kyle Allen went 5-0 at first. The good news is he has looked MUCH better than he did with the Jets. I’m just saying 2 home games is premature to consider him our next franchise QB. I hope he is the guy. We can use our offseason to beef up our line and our offense will be legit.

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He has played great. Teddy did at first and Kyle Allen went 5-0 at first. The good news is he has looked MUCH better than he did with the Jets. I’m just saying 2 home games is premature to consider him our next franchise QB. I hope he is the guy. We can use our offseason to beef up our line and our offense will be legit.

Agree that you can’t fully judge anything yet.  What I can conclude is that so far he looks confident and was able to overcome the bad/stupid play and still perform at a decent level. 

7 hours ago, electro's horse said:

He had at least three "turnover worthy throws" today

sticks out was the quick hitter to moore in double coverage, and another in the first half he forced to the left. 

To be fair, on the double coverage pass to DJ, he threw a dart. Agreed he could’ve thrown to a different receiver but it was actually a nice pass.

Edited by CarolinaXblue
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Sam is capable of making throws that Teddy cannot make. He has made a couple of mistakes, but they have been manageable. The best part is Sam will own up to these mistakes when they go over the film and try to improve instead of blaming everyone else. I know it has only been 2 games but it has been more good than bad so far imo. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 8

7 hours ago, Rags said:

that one in the 4th? to moore in double coverage?

If moore's a #1 and wants to get paid like one sometimes that's the read. That throw was fine, Moore almost had it, knocked out in the end.

or did you mean another throw? 

Darnold's accuracy really impressed me.  He had a couple of throws that were pin point.  That throw into double coverage was tight but Moore had it until he hit the ground. 

His Interception was bad, I think he thought he had time to push it to Hubbard.  It just didn't happen. Bad decision but really his only really bad decision of the day. 

i hear all the "injury issues" as excuses but their offense was pretty much intact and we absolutely dominated them.  No excuses. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Good thing he did.  Actually, DBs should be aware of not picking off 4th down passes.  Had he caught it, we'd have given up dozens of yds of field position.

lol It was a snark statement. Not to be taken seriously. To point out how foolish those pointing out Darnold's mistakes in a win against New Orleans are. But you're right. 🙂

• Pie 1

One question. How does a fan being cocky on a Panther website spell trouble for the team. Now if players get cocky it might be an issue but fan behavior has no impact on the game other than we made some noise yesterday and helped the team during the game. I love all these cautionary comments about why not to get overconfident because it might hurt us somehow. The way to get over your PTSD is let go of the the past and embrace the present and future. I have no idea about the future but I am loving the present. And gloating if I see a Saints fan. After hearing from them for years I am ready to talk a little smack back.

• Pie 5