• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

the OL has not sucked so far

BlitzMonster

4 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Theyre going to be tested in a bad way vs the Buccaneers late in the season for sure baring injuries to their defensive front . And we have to play the Bills in that window too I beleive. The last few games are gonna be brutal

One thing is for sure though..this team isn't gonna just go into those games, roll over and let those teams do whatever they want. We will see what tweaks are made before then though, especially to the O line, after Christensen and Brown outshine Elflein and Daley by a country mile.

• Pie 1

To be fair...i saw jordan have a lot of success against moton today but Darnold either maneuvered in the pocket or got the ball out quick which is something i didnt expect from him. I didn't see a huge improvement from last week i thought they were Just about the same performances but apparently its been good enough to win. I dont want to settle on this tho and hope adjustments are made.

• Pie 1

Yeah they've been surprisingly "good enough". Which I'll happily take. Give Darnold credit for getting the ball out and extending plays with his legs. But even Mahomes couldn't escape his offensive line in the super bowl and he is otherworldly in making something out of nothing. Our offensive line is doing just enough to make Darnold's plays effective. They might get exposed by a great defensive team, similar to the 2015 team in the super bowl, but hopefully we'll see even more growth by then.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Is there a reason why Brady refuses to call toss plays for McCaffrey? IIRC Shula and Norv didnt like to do those either. Just odd that you have a RB thats good in space and you over commit him to running in the middle where your weakest part of your oline is. Bit of a head scratcher. CMC is not Derrick Henry but Brady thinks he is playcalling wise

Head scratcher for sure. Maybe guard play? Remember when Daley pulled and nearly ended up concussed? It makes me nervous watching dive after dive with CMC

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Most people thought we should have taken Rashawn Slater w/ pick no. 1. Horn makes us a better football team that Slater would have.

What I saw of Slater today he was absolutely destroying people today.pancakes heads snapping backwards from his punch in pass pro.

Pushing guys 4yds of the los on the goaline.

18 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

OL was getting knocked backward at the goal line….we are not good run blockers at all

Yeah, we need to improve there.  But we looked better than the saints who supposedly have one of the best o-lines in football.

CMC 3 yards a carry.  
Kamara .6 yards a carry...seriously, less than yard.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

It’s simply not a good OL. We have to game plan around them and the D knows that. When the D knows we are running, we have no shot to bully the DL. We’ll see where the rookies are but we absolutely need more talent and guys who are more like Moton in terms of durability. Erving and Elflein have been hurt in game in 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 games. Erving missed most of the off-season. Miller and Paradis are nothing to write home about and Daley had tackled CMC I think twice now. Aside from Moton, we do not have a single above average OL on the team. Maybe the rookies grow into that, but right now we have Moton and below average.

That boneheaded play by Sam was directly due to him having multiple guys all over him. Should have taken a sack but let’s be honest he’s made some nice moves to avoid sacks and throw the check downs and out of bounds. For all the we’ve only given up two sacks, we’ll that’s more on Sam, CMC and play calling than OL play. Remember Robby’s long TD? Longest throw but it was Cam-esque getting away from pressure and arm strength to make the throw.

Would you say the saints have a good OL?

8 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

What I saw of Slater today he was absolutely destroying people today.pancakes heads snapping backwards from his punch in pass pro.

Pushing guys 4yds of the los on the goaline.

And yet the Chargers, with their franchise QB and franchise LT, put up only 17 points against a subpar Cowboys defense. Not very compelling for the “if only we had drafted Slater” crowd. Horn has been a boss so far and is a big part of our defensive transformation this season.

• Beer 1

Part of our run game woes is that Brady has been overly predictable in his playcalling. It’s not very fair to expect an o-line to create push against a stacked box because the defense knows we’re running it with CMC. He needs to get more creative there and I guarantee it’ll open up more running opportunities at the goal line.

• Pie 1