• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

the OL has not sucked so far

BlitzMonster

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

This is comical. There are these extreme homers that can’t seem to separate out being fans and being happy with a win and also thinking we have areas to improve. Thinking we have a solid OL is amazing to me. When we’ve needed the OL, they haven’t come through at all. They are a weakness.

Not any worse than last year but boy don't we miss Norwell and Turner in their prime. That interior has zero push.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

WTF is your point? Dreaming? SMH. It’s trying to make a point that I think their OL is better. Such a weird argument acting like I’m dreaming about something which is just a statement in a discussion. It’s for emphasis dum dum, to try and get it through that thick skull that I think their OL is better. Here, I’ll dumb it down for you.

1. Our OL isn’t as talented as theirs.

2. Our DL is more talented than theirs.

3. We schemed around our OL just like we did last week to get ahead and it worked well.

4. The Saints or maybe Winston weren’t able to scheme around our DL.

5. I think the fact that our OL weapons were way better than theirs allowed us to key on Kamara and they couldn’t do the same, especially down a bunch of D starters.

Just ignore me from now on. Having a discussion with someone who thinks our OL was awesome is a waste of time. See ya!

I never said our OL was awesome.   They did much better than expected against ANOTHER top ranked DL.   After that performance I want to cheer them on, not talk about how great the other team's OL is and how I wished that I had their OL.

Every one of saints DL starters played today.  Our OL was NOT garbage.

• Pie 1

Our oline is a rag tag group of veteran misfits ( excluding moton who is 👌) but they are doing the job.  Do I wanna see a younger more talented LT and a center yep.  But Daley, Christenson, Brown are young pieces that will develop with us.  Rome was not built in a day.  We got mad free agency 💰 next year and Scott "finesse" Fitterer wheeling and dealing in the draft.  It's being built, progress is not often a instant gratification thing.  It's slow.

• Beer 2

I think most here would agree our short yardage push is currently inadequate.

I'd love to see the Panthers install a jumbo package with Deonte Brown lined up as one of the TE.  

Brown would only be in to block, not catch a pass.   But can you imagine the push we could get from Brown & Moton lined up beside each other ?  Plus Tremble as an H-back for blocking.   And use the big back we recently acquired, Royce Freeman as the ball carrier.   

That's the kind of lineup to make a tough 3 yard gain.  

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

10 hours ago, frankw said:

SBBlue's take on the oline is basically the football equivalent of that Everything is Awesome song on the Lego movie that makes you want to cringe into another dimension. You cannot reason with that.

We just won a game in which we dominated the line of scrimmage.  Someone, other than me, creates a thread, pointing out that the our constant OL doomsayers were wrong, yet again.  

I never said our line was awesome.  I'm saying instead of listing how bad our OLmen are AFTER a WIN and coveting the saints line that we just turned into swiss cheese, that we recognize that our guys are exceeding expectations.

But if what I'm doing makes you, @frankw , cringe, then I' know I'm doing it right.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

We just won a game in which we dominated the line of scrimmage.  Someone, other than me, creates a thread, pointing out that the our constant OL doomsayers were wrong, yet again.  

I never said our line was awesome.  I'm saying instead of listing how bad our OLmen are AFTER a WIN and coveting the saints line that we just turned into swiss cheese, that we recognize that our guys are exceeding expectations.

But if what I'm doing makes you, @frankw , cringe, then I' know I'm doing it right.

We just defeated our arch rival at home for the first time in five years which is cause to celebrate not settle scores with fellow fans. The oline has held up but the sample size is not nearly enough just yet. The biggest possible hindrance I see is run blocking. Thankfully we have a very good defense but we must sustain drives and reward them for their efforts. Knowing our history and how our last two win streaks ended my approach is week to week and staying in that lane. Onto the Texans.

Given how much concern there was over the Panthers OL during the off season, I'll gladly take an "OK" or "half way decent" line to start the year.  

And there is some hope for improvement.  The Panthers two well-regarded rookies are getting acclimated to the NFL.  And we picked up the Bengals guard Michael Jordan who's got NFL experience and is learning our OL protections.   So we've got some bodies to add in the near future. 

As such I think our OL should continue to gel and get better as the season progresses.  Not a dominating unit but a serviceable one.   And it's likely there will be some high picks spent on talented OL during the next draft.   So it should continue to improve.  

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Given how much concern there was over the Panthers OL during the off season, I'll gladly take an "OK" or "half way decent" line to start the year.  

And there is some hope for improvement.  The Panthers two well-regarded rookies are getting acclimated to the NFL.  And we picked up the Bengals guard Michael Jordan who's got NFL experience and is learning our OL protections.   So we've got some bodies to add in the near future. 

As such I think our OL should continue to gel and get better as the season progresses.  Not a dominating unit but a serviceable one.   And it's likely there will be some high picks spent on talented OL during the next draft.   So it should continue to improve.  

Defensive line rankings entering the 2021 NFL season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Our OL just played against two very good defensive lines.  On Thursday, they will play against one of the worst.  If we don't have holes for our RB and Sam gets sacked multiple times with a bunch of QB hits on Thurs, then I think OL criticism will be justified.  But at this point, it appears the months of ripping on our online during the offseason were just over the top.  

• Pie 1