• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are #1 Defense in the NFL

Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D.

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Posted this in the other thread but

Hope to see this type of pressure continue. It’ll be interesting to see how a defense like this plays against Tom Brady who is known for quick release passing. 

That is amazing. Just got my tickets for the Thursday night game against the Texans.  Let's go!

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

When your secondary can cover when you blitz 6 or 7, they will also be top 10.

Literally every time we blitzed, we got a sack or Winston throwaway. Some of them were coverage sacks. Really impressed with how well the coverage was today.

Great point, adding Horn was like the missing piece of the puzzle. Everyone on defense has stepped it up, especially Jackson.

• Pie 5

5 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

When your secondary can cover when you blitz 6 or 7, they will also be top 10.

Literally every time we blitzed, we got a sack or Winston throwaway. Some of them were coverage sacks. Really impressed with how well the coverage was today.

Horn should have had 2 interception but other than that his name has been silent.

I mean this in a good way.  They just don't throw his way too often.  Talking about a stat-less ROY.   He just shuts receivers down.

I'm joking about ROY but am serious he would never been considered because he's stat-less.

5 hours ago, Pantha-kun said:

I bet the entire narritive from the talking heads this week will keep talking about how the Saints lost the game rather than how we won it . Usually how it goes.

Yeah, I read the game summary @nfl and while they mention the QB play from other games and even gushed a little and made excuses for Fields 6/13 + fumble + Int, they didn't say one word about Darnold's great game. I guess that crow doesn't taste to good. I don't know because at my table they served Saints. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yeah, I read the game summary @nfl and while they mention the QB play from other games and even gushed a little and made excuses for Fields 6/13 + fumble + Int, they didn't say one word about Darnold's great game. I guess that crow doesn't taste to good. I don't know because at my table they served Saints. 

We'll get some love this week for sure.

I know everyone wants to keep hyping our pass rush, but our Rushing Defense especially on the line has been insanely good. We made Kamara a non-issue. 11 less ypg rushing than the next best team(TB) and 20-25~ less yards than the first major pack behind TB. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 3

7 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

If we came in with all those issues they would have said, "Well, it's the NFL." The first video I watched, the dude said, "Well, they had all those coaches..." Get out of here!!! You can't go into the game talking about how well coached Sean Payton keeps his players and how they do well with the next man up situations. Then blame the loss on the next man up situation. 

X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mbarbour21 said:

If we came in with all those issues they would have said, "Well, it's the NFL." The first video I watched, the dude said, "Well, they had all those coaches..." Get out of here!!! You can't go into the game talking about how well coached Sean Payton keeps his players and how they do well with the next man up situations. Then blame the loss on the next man up situation. 

X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

Yeah, that wasn't an issue when they picked the Saints to win. Only 1 half of the Bleacher report picked us. Everyone else picked the Saints and everyone knew about the coaches being out.

• Beer 2