• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn

TheoJay10

On 9/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, Peon Awesome said:

The sad thing is he won't get as much respect as he deserves because QBs are rarely going to throw his way so he won't get the opportunities to rack up as many interceptions and tackles as some other corners. But he's the real deal. 

Sure, but if he is on the #1 WR...neither is he.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

yeah, you are defending things I am not even arguing about.  

its too early in a season to think we have teams figured out is all.  Especially this Carolina team.  And that comes from watching football for years and years.  

I'm not discrediting the wins.  I'm merely arguing we haven't played the games yet...to answer the questions on what we really will be this year yet.     

It's too early in the season to think we have teams figured out and yet you were confident classifying the Jets and Saints as two "bad" teams?  A bit contradictory, no?

7 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

It's too early in the season to think we have teams figured out and yet you were confident classifying the Jets and Saints as two "bad" teams?  A bit contradictory, no?

I think you can make an educated assumption about teams like the Jets and Chiefs.   Based on the talent they currently employed coming in and the seasons they came off.   The extremes of the NFL. 

It's everything in-between that you don't really know what is what until about a 1/4 to 1/2 of the way in.    I mean, go check the last several Panther seasons.  Depending when you logged in.....you would here a tale of a very different team.   People were hyped about the Teddy era, the Kyle Allen era, the Cam comeback......until things settled in.   Then of course there is the polar opposite, no one was hype about going in to the 2003 or 2015 seasons.  (the collective fanbase) was not calling Super Bowl runs 2 games into those seasons. 

• Pie 1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, Khyber53 said:

Gamble 2.0. But while we're at it, how about Jackson showing aggression going after tackles out there? 

Our timid defense from 2020 grew up!

As much as I like Jaycee... THIS has been more impressive. Donte is not just being a willing tackler... he's flying around the field looking for somebody to hit. It really sets the tone for the rest of the DBs. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I think you can make an educated assumption about teams like the Jets and Chiefs.   Based on the talent they currently employed coming in and the seasons they came off.   The extremes of the NFL. 

It's everything in-between that you don't really know what is what until about a 1/4 to 1/2 of the way in.    I mean, go check the last several Panther seasons.  Depending when you logged in.....you would here a tale of a very different team.   People were hyped about the Teddy era, the Kyle Allen era, the Cam comeback......until things settled in.   Then of course there is the polar opposite, no one was hype about going in to the 2003 or 2015 seasons.  (the collective fanbase) was not calling Super Bowl runs 2 games into those seasons. 

I could give you a laundry list of “educated assumptions” going into a season that proved to be laughably inaccurate. Hell, you brought up some yourself (the Panthers’ prospects going into the 2003 and 2015 seasons).

Just saying, it’s awfully convenient for you to pick and choose which teams we can already assert are “bad” two weeks into the season while simultaneously holding the general opinion that we should withhold making judgment calls about teams (including our own) a mere two weeks into the season. How many pundits and Huddlers considered the 2021 Panthers as one of these “bad” teams, under the guise of an “educated assumption”? How many assumed (with an educated basis of course) that Darnold would be a failed reclamation project here? Maybe the Panthers will suck this season and maybe Darnold will fail, but so far those assertions seem to at least be in question which is why it’s foolish to think you have any team figured out at this point…including the Jets and Saints, the former of which I’ll remind you has a brand new HC and QB which most people would consider the most significant individual pieces for a team transformation.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

yeah, you are defending things I am not even arguing about.  

its too early in a season to think we have teams figured out is all.  Especially this Carolina team.  And that comes from watching football for years and years.  

I'm not discrediting the wins.  I'm merely arguing we haven't played the games yet...to answer the questions on what we really will be this year yet.     

Yeah, you like the safe road. We've understood ya. Let's not have too much fun because life generally sucks. 

Ok, he's gone. Party anyone?

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

I could give you a laundry list of “educated assumptions” going into a season that proved to be laughably inaccurate. Hell, you brought up some yourself (the Panthers’ prospects going into the 2003 and 2015 seasons).

Just saying, it’s awfully convenient for you to pick and choose which teams we can already assert are “bad” two weeks into the season while simultaneously holding the general opinion that we should withhold making judgment calls about teams (including our own) a mere two weeks into the season. How many pundits and Huddlers considered the 2021 Panthers as one of these “bad” teams, under the guise of an “educated assumption”? How many assumed (with an educated basis of course) that Darnold would be a failed reclamation project here? Maybe the Panthers will suck this season and maybe Darnold will fail, but so far those assertions seem to at least be in question which is why it’s foolish to think you have any team figured out at this point…including the Jets and Saints, the former of which I’ll remind you has a brand new HC and QB which most people would consider the most significant individual pieces for a team transformation.

well, as I said,  I feel it is safe to call the Jets bad.  Just like it is safe to call the Chiefs good.  The extremes. 

I'd lump the Saints in with everyone else overall.  But I think you have to acknowledge what injury and covid did to them week 2.  Which limits what the Panthers have had the ability to prove. 

I didn't have us as a bad team.  7 to 9 wins is where I had them.  I am not coming off that one way or the other (higher or lower).....until they play more and prove more. 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

you play who you play.  

But yeah, if you kicked off the the season playing the Jets and Jags and another team kicked it off playing the Bucs and KC......you would know more about team #2 than team #1.     Fans should be able to handle that a concept without getting their panties in a bunch IMO. 

Weeks 4-6 will answer a lot more than 1-3.   Then we will have a real idea of what we are working with.

This is all I'm saying. Point well said.

2 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

When did the Saints all of sudden become a bad team? They stomped Green Bay the week before, and most people on this board were talking about how deep and talented they were leading up to the game and didn't think the Panthers could pull off the "upset". Only a few of us were confident we were about to dog walk them. Now everybody talking about how bad they are. 

Well if you follow the talking heads... saints were missing 7 coaching assistants and had rookie qbs making substitutions. Marshawn Lattimore was out their number 1 cb. Davenport was out who is a key pass rusher.... Chauncey Garner who was suppose to guard cmc... of course micheal Thomas and so on..

I don't think we will know who jayce really is until we see him cover the cowboys wrs and blanket them. So far who has he had to cover? Elishiah Moore? A rookie wr being thrown to by a rookie qb? Jameis and the random assortment of saints wrs of whom I can't name one? They are far from lamb and Cooper whom will test Horns true ability.

Not to mention Tampa when he sees Evans, Goodwin, and Antonio Brown. But if they have him cover say Brandon cooks( probably the best wr we have seen) it looks better. My guess is cooks is a burner so they will have Jackson on him. Not to mention this 3rd rounder throwing the pill.

Our schedule has been very generous to us early on. Everyone looks promising.