• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy 2 gloves

TheoJay10

Crazy to see after 2 games he has the 2nd most passing yards. Completed 77% of his passes. 4 TD 0 INT. Passer rating of 120.7. Ironically enough Darnold is right be hind him in 3rd place with 3 less attempts but only 8 less yards. Both are behind yet another ironic candidate in Stafford who has 15 more yards that Darnold with 17 less attempts. Just image Darnold could be close to 1000 yards passing in just 2 games if we didn’t take the foot off the throttle in the 2nd half of each game. TB is not doing too bad in Denver and they have Jeudy out a few weeks, hate to say it but sometimes change of scenery can really bring out the best in someone. Glad that it is helping Sam reinvent himself also. 

• Pie 1

Denver has a good roster but he even threw  deep ball today which almost heart attacked me where I stood when I seens it. 

Given what we've seen of Brady thus far and his willy nilly play calling it could very well have to do with that plus the way the offseason was last year. ultimately he isn't the answer in Denver either but has always shown that he can be a game manager and lead from a lead. 

• Pie 1

Teddy definitely got more hate than he deserved. He's certainly not awful. But what makes him a good game manager also exposes his biggest weakness. He makes the safe throws. Ask him to march the team down the field and take some chances and he gets exposed. It wasn't wrong for the team to try for something better. Especially for the minor cost we gave up for Darnold. Early returns suggest we came out pretty good. Good for Teddy though. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

NGL, as hard as I was on Teddy, seeing the offense with CMC in it and seeing it without him, it is totally different.  We are not nearly as potent without him, obviously...  so that definitely hurt Teddy...  but, from what I've see of their highlights, the receivers are doing everything.  Nothing has changed about the throws he's making, Denver's receivers are just doing a ton after the catch.  It fits Teddy perfectly.  It's not just one thing, but that system fits him perfectly.  As this system and team fits Darnold much better than what he had in NY.

That being said, I also think Darnold is working better in this system because he's taking the shots when they are there, whereas Teddy did not.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1