• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to trade for a LT

Chiefzack

No way do I trade 2 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for Tunsil or really any LT at this point.

It's great that we are 2-0 and our defense is solid, pass protection is decent and Brady seems to be scheming to get the ball out pretty quickly and Darnold seems to have a good feel for what is going on in the pocket.  Our biggest issue is run blocking and a LT isn't going to fix that.  It's the guards and center that have to win those battles. 

I hope we build from within, let's see Brown eventually and give Christensen a chance.  Also, we may want to do more of a zone blocking scheme when running pulling the guards and loading up one side of the line of scrimmage especially with all our TEs.  Still biggest problem is winning the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 4th and 1....Brady and Rhule have to know we can't win those with the interior line we have right now.

• Pie 2

Are some of you even watching the games? Erving right now is playing like our 2nd best O-Linemen.

For all of those asking for Christensen, he's not playing because he's not ready. Too much information? Game too fast? Not trusting the men next to him? Who knows, but he's not looking ready right now.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Chiefzack said:

Sure, Kansas City and Houston went in 2019 and 2021 successfully and got LTs who both made the Pro Bowl in 2019 and 2020.

You say that as if no LT who has talent ever gets traded in the NFL lol. This logic is why Cam got murdered for 8 years here. 

We're serviceable right now.  I don't think Erving is our worst problem on the O-line.  Darnold sacks came from the interior line having issues. 

We have built a very young and talented team through the draft.  You want to give up all that draft capital for one player?  You're basically giving away 4 starters for a fix that might not make a huge difference.

Thanks but No Thanks

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

If you could land a better LT than Erving, who has been shockingly average (which is a good surprise), you likely upgrade 2 spots for one as you also move Erving inside to LG. That said where is this mythical available LT on the cheap or even for two 1st round picks?

I am a huge fan of Tunsil, but there are huge costs there, in salary and in picks. So that's out the window.

Decker is affordable long term as he is on good deal, but hard to see why the Lions wouldn't want to keep him at RT paired with Sewell at LT. That's cheap bookends that they will need to keep whomever is QB upright. Also I doubt they take less than a 1st for him at this point. Maybe not Tunsil craziness but it's not a fun pill to swallow on a guy inked for a few years. 

Really the 2 targets that are interesting IMO are with the jags. Our friend at LG Norwell and possibly Cam Robinson. Both are FA after the year so it's a rental. Maybe they come cheap enough to make it interesting. Cam is not really that great so its really hard to love that move unless you think he has an uptick here and it also lets Erving move over to take over at LG. Norwell we all know so no need to really go over that one.

7 hours ago, t96 said:

I’d trade for a guard before a tackle. Erving has been fine. Guard depth is poor.

Thank you, the current guards we trot out are getting smoked.  Erving has outplayed the guards by a mile, hes done enough to continue getting his shot, the problem is a gape pressure and no interior push on run plays, that has to get fixed like yesterday.

Let's see how we do against the Cowboys in a couple of weeks first. That will be our first real test. Not that I'm not impressed with the team, but we beat the Jets and a very depleted Saints team with Jameis Winston at QB. If we are competitive and win or keep it extremely close, then i will feel like we are for real playoff contenders. Nearly everyone was expecting us to go 3-0. If we are really playoff contenders then let's go try to get a few pieces to help. I would worry about getting a Kicker first though. A Kicker will win or lose you quite a few NFL games per year.

Go with what we got. Seems the team has improved and the Oline did a decent job against a solid Dline in N.O. Don't buy the bullshat that the N.O Defense was all beat up. Same group as last week minus Lattimore. We are still a year or two away from being a constant contender, so built from there. 

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 3