• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to trade for a LT

Chiefzack

9 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

It's too soon for a rebuilding team to be thinking like that.  We are not one player away for a run nor will that get you sustained success with a young team thin on talent and depth.

Let them continue to build that wall while destroying the hopes of these playoff wannabes and pretenders. 

Winter is coming. 

Agreed. This is "one year" thinking.

With Marty gone, that kind of mindset should be out as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

12 hours ago, Snake said:

TBH its the interior that's worse. Cam Erving has actually not been horrible. Miller Daley, and Elflein have been straight poo in run blocking.

Running behind Miller and Moton has been fine, I don't even recall Miller's name being brought up, it's the LG position that was PITIFUL. 

Almost every run off the LG was stuffed, I'd like to see Brown there, stop the ''versatility'' talk and put in a road grader at that spot. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

About the only viable scenario I could have seen was a trade for Duane Brown before that situation got resolved.

But it did, so it's kinda hard to imagine now.

Old man Duane brown? Hard pass all summer. Leno being available and for cheap was one a lot of fans will point to. Not that I think Erving has not done well over, but having Leno at LT and Erving at guard likely is a better all around unit.

2 hours ago, chbright said:

Old man Duane brown? Hard pass all summer. Leno being available and for cheap was one a lot of fans will point to. Not that I think Erving has not done well over, but having Leno at LT and Erving at guard likely is a better all around unit.

Brown has been one of the better left tackles in the league and is still pretty good. Leno was never that great and is pretty bad at this point.

Plus with Brown, you have the added advantages of Fitterer not only having a connection to him but also one to the people with whom he'd be negotiating.

With that said though, Brown would have been a two-year stopgap while we tried to find our left tackle of the future.

But obviously, all that is now water under the bridge.