• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to trade for a LT

Chiefzack

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Brown has been one of the better left tackles in the league and is still pretty good. Leno was never that great and is pretty bad at this point.

Plus with Brown, you have the added advantages of Fitterer not only having a connection to him but also one to the people with whom he'd be negotiating.

With that said though, Brown would have been a two-year stopgap while we tried to find our left tackle of the future.

But obviously, all that is now water under the bridge.

Leno was a FA and went for 5 mill on a prove it deal. Brown is going for double (totally worth that number) and we also would have to give something up for him.  Only thing I would say with Leno, Leno and Erving inside are better than Erving with elf inside. Elf was done in Minny, cooked in NYC and dead here. Not saying Leno is some savior or anything close.

Now if we could find a LG well that be nice too. Kinda pissed we didn't ask for a friendly deal with the Bills when they moved on so early from Wyatt Teller but that's long gone now.

Pretty much anyone that's not big bucks will be a stopgap though, rather pay a penny not the pound that Brown was going to cost. 

19 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If only I had thought of this.

Cam Erving did a good job today. 

19 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He did his job the majority of the time.  That's about all you can expect. 

They all need to be much better in the run game however.  If CMC didn't have the ability to make something out of nothing the score could have been much closer. 

Erv is playing better than I thought he could. I swear he had a different look for game 2, I think he switched shoulder pads(maybe helmet/gloves as well). Hes playing stronger and better balance than game 1/other years. Confidence as well, that maybe the real reason. If he keeps this level up along with health*, that will do wonders for the team.  

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

LG is a far bigger weakness than LT has been.

I think you will find that as one position kinda sorta gets fixed the other weaknesses will become more apparent.  

From my untrained eyes looking at the oline from last season the biggest issues were on the left side. Well you could add center in there as well but the left was just so bad it made Paradis look average. 

This season, albeit 2 games in, it looks like it's mostly the middle.  Could it be who opponents are attacking? Probably, that's who I would attack.

Maybe Erving can hold onto the position longer than anyone since Gross. That would be nice. It's his until someone better steps up.

Now those guards? Not tough enough to be called nfl lineman if you asked me.

I know you didn't so don't come at me.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think you will find that as one position kinda sorta gets fixed the other weaknesses will become more apparent.  

From my untrained eyes looking at the oline from last season the biggest issues were on the left side. Well you could add center in there as well but the left was just so bad it made Paradis look average. 

This season, albeit 2 games in, it looks like it's mostly the middle.  Could it be who opponents are attacking? Probably, that's who I would attack.

Maybe Erving can hold onto the position longer than anyone since Gross. That would be nice. It's his until someone better steps up.

Now those guards? Not tough enough to be called nfl lineman if you asked me.

I know you didn't so don't come at me.

This could be it and color me surprised that we attacked probably the best OT pairing in the NFL on defense with great success.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Verge said:

We have a very very young core, we do not need to rush anything or spend massive amounts of draft capital on any position that isn't QB. 

I am by no means "sold" on Darnold but it appears we decided just to treat him as a rookie and as long as he continues to progress a QB may not be needed.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

Running behind Miller and Moton has been fine, I don't even recall Miller's name being brought up, it's the LG position that was PITIFUL. 

Almost every run off the LG was stuffed, I'd like to see Brown there, stop the ''versatility'' talk and put in a road grader at that spot. 

while I would like sto see brown too our line isn't great. We can't even get a yard on the goal line.