• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remaining Schedule...

ClawOn

It's still too early but I did find this interesting statistic if you like that sort of thing.

Week 2 NFL regular season is super important to the future success of your team. You wouldn’t think so, with 14 games left to decide their fate, but the historical numbers show otherwise. Since 1990, teams that start the season 2-0 make the playoffs 61.3 percent of the time, according to Pro Football Reference.

Now this season there are 17 games so we'll have to see how that effects things too I guess. But obviously 2-0 is better than the other options. 

Those chances rise significantly if we can win the next game and the one after that as well.

Since 1990, NFL teams that start 3-0 have made playoffs 73.6 percent of time (109/148); 2-1 teams have qualified 53.8 percent of time (169/314). Teams that open 4-0 have reached playoffs 82.4 percent of time

That's a 20% difference depending on winning or losing the Texas game. Statistically speaking, that game could greatly effect our chances of a playoff game this season.

We need to go down to Texas and take care of business this week. If we do that, I'll start thinking about the possibility of an extra game. 

• Pie 3

Way to early to talk playoffs .  Anything above 7 wins is a bonus .  Year 2 is looking much better than year 1 .  Year 3 will be the test for coach Rhule and the team . One more great draft to shore up the O-line and keep our key players and we will make some noise . Right now other teams are starting to take notice .

2 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

That season was similar start too, the defense feasted. Peppers vs Harrington was memorable.

I believe that was a top 5 defense as well. Peppers, Dan Morgan and Jenkins were all in their first couple of years. The offense just wasn’t really that good with Rodney Peete at QB. Lol.

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

If we can go 4-0 through Houston and Dallas then we're playoff contenders absolutely  

Really curious how this team does on the road against Houston. On paper it's a game the Panthers should win without any real concern. But that's why they play the games and I expect it to be a closer game that people might predict even with the rookie QB.

Dallas could go either way. They're light years better on offense with Dak of course, but also better than last year on defense. Parsons was playing DE yesterday and made an impact. 

• Pie 1